Resetting iPhone 4S to give to Parents.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

First, I should mention, the 4S is my first iPhone and my first smartphone.

I'm preparing to reset the 4S to give to my parents and preparing myself for the next iPhone this fall. Anyway, things are getting a little confusing with the sharing of password information and emails on this 4S.

I now have my parents email registered as the primary on the 4S, but when we went to iTunes to download some free apps for them, it wouldn't take my password I had registered with iTunes. It took a while for me to figure out how to reset the password. My Birthdate and my password registered to iTunes wouldn't work, even my name wouldn't accept. Anyway, after numerous attempts, I was able to reset the password via email and in the process I added my credit card info. for iTunes under my parents email. (Not exactly sure why my password wouldn't take for iTunes all of a sudden.)

I just want to reset the 4S completely so that I don't have to give my parents my password I created for iTunes under their email. It's just getting too confusing. What is the best way to reset this 4S so that we can start from scratch using all their information, and leaving mine out completely.

THANKS.

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Settings > General > something like "Reset" (it's the most bottom one) > delete all content and settings

It will than wipe everything. You don't need to connect it to iTunes. Than you can simply set up the phone.

3. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thanks so much. I really appreciate this. Rep +1

4. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

You're welcome. If there are any other problems, I am (and others are) here to help you. ;)

5. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

While we're in the subject, can I ask you a few more question? Where in Settings can I change the apple i.d.? Right now, the apple i.d. is under my parents email, then it asked 3 security questions, followed by a reset email. It wouldn't allow my parents' email address because that was already used as their apple i.d., so I used my email address as the RESET email, thinking this could be changed later under some "profile" tab.

Where in settings can I go to change the RESET email? I plan on creating a secondary email account for my parents to use for this? And where can I go to change these passwords periodically? Thanks again for your time.