Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Okay, so a while ago I lost my startup chime about the time of the latest HS update.

I've tried everything to get it back using sound preferences, SMC reset, NVRAM reset, etc... I get the bong chime when holding the comand-option-P-R keys, or the command-R or commando-option, even if it boots to the bootcamp partition I get the chime.

Only when loading macOS HS is the chime lost. Thereafter I have to command-option-P-R again to bring it back even to a windows boot.

Anyone????

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Okay, so a while ago I lost my startup chime about the time of the latest HS update.

I've tried everything to get it back using sound preferences, SMC reset, NVRAM reset, etc... I get the bong chime when holding the comand-option-P-R keys, or the command-R or commando-option, even if it boots to the bootcamp partition I get the chime.

Only when loading macOS HS is the chime lost. Thereafter I have to command-option-P-R again to bring it back even to a windows boot.

Anyone????

I regained the chime after a cmd-opt-P-R about a month ago (lost it after move to HS), and it has repeated every time.

Boot into HS only; no win64, etc.

Is HS primary in Startup Disk?

Regards, splifingate

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I regained the chime after a cmd-opt-P-R about a month ago (lost it after move to HS), and it has repeated every time.

Boot into HS only; no win64, etc.

Is HS primary in Startup Disk?

Regards, splifingate

It is the primary. I reinstalled HS and removed the other drive. PRAM (NVRAM actually) reset has been done many times. It resets and works until after the first boot to macOS. Then it’s broke again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.