RESOLVED: Help me fix my startup chime. I want it back

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by crjackson2134, May 8, 2018.

1. crjackson2134 macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

Okay, so a while ago I lost my startup chime about the time of the latest HS update.

I've tried everything to get it back using sound preferences, SMC reset, NVRAM reset, etc... I get the bong chime when holding the comand-option-P-R keys, or the command-R or commando-option, even if it boots to the bootcamp partition I get the chime.

Only when loading macOS HS is the chime lost. Thereafter I have to command-option-P-R again to bring it back even to a windows boot.

Anyone????

2. splifingate macrumors 6502

splifingate

I regained the chime after a cmd-opt-P-R about a month ago (lost it after move to HS), and it has repeated every time.

Boot into HS only; no win64, etc.

Is HS primary in Startup Disk?

Regards, splifingate

3. crjackson2134 thread starter macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

It is the primary. I reinstalled HS and removed the other drive. PRAM (NVRAM actually) reset has been done many times. It resets and works until after the first boot to macOS. Then it’s broke again...

4. crjackson2134 thread starter macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

RESOLVED

I'm not clear on what fixed the issue. It started working normally today for no particular reason.

5. splifingate macrumors 6502

splifingate

I'm on 10.13.4 (17E202) . . . you?

Regards, splifingate

6. crjackson2134 thread starter macrumors 68040

crjackson2134

Yes, and kind of regretting it a little. I think I have everything working well now, but it was a bumpy ride.