Resolved: private citizens should be allowed to own fire arms.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by NSNick, Aug 22, 2008.

1. NSNick macrumors regular

Guns deter crime by creating the possibility that criminals will be shot during the comission of the crime.

Guns are necessary to check a tyrannical government by providing the people with the ability to rise in revolution.

Making guns illegal only keeps them out of the hands of law abiding citizens thus leaving the criminals as the only ones who are armed and giving law abiding citizens nothing with which to defend themselves.

Areas where guns are banned tend to have higher rates of gun violence.
    Examples: schools, churches, and shopping malls... and D.C.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

wat

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I predict your presence in the PRSI subforum will be short-lived, NS Nick. This topic is coveverd in a number of other threads already. Search before posting
    !

4. NSNick thread starter macrumors regular

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It has been discussed to death by wiser heads.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

It's already being discussed in other threads...no need to make a new one, barring the occurrance of some relevant current event.

EDIT. Beaten by the skunk.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree with what you said. But I disagree with how you're posting in these forums. It was already explained to you what the standards here are. You can't just keep spewing opinions forth and not back them up. Keep doing it, and you're headed for a nice banning.

8. NSNick thread starter macrumors regular

That is why areas of the U.S. that have fewer gun restrictions generally have fewer crimes like robbery.

9. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Wow...and am I right in thinking you're also fine with the government spying on its citizens to prevent such a revolution?

10. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

In case you did not know, citizens have the right to own guns. This subject has been discussed here ad nauseam. Those who support gun rights are unlikely to change their position any more than those who take the opposite view. Your arguments are standard fare for the pro-gun lobby.

11. NSNick thread starter macrumors regular

The standards are no assertions without arguements to back them up. I have provided arguements.

12. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

If guns deter crime, then it stands to reason that the United States, with the greatest level of gun ownership freedom (as you have surmised), should have a crime rate that is reflective of that (it doesn't). In fact, the correlation seems to be going in the opposite direction.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

LINK REQUIRED.

14. NSNick thread starter macrumors regular

Most citizens in this country do. (D.C. being the exception still)

In other countries this is not the case.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It is in some countries, is not in others. Have you done any homework?

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You're not going to last long here. You need EVIDENCE. This isn't the EIB Network or Fox News.

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm probably one of the more pro-gun (hate that term) posters here, but I think this notion is pure madness. A few thousand redneck survivalists with small arms? Don't make me laugh.

18. NSNick thread starter macrumors regular

19. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Sorry, I should have said USEFUL LINK REQUIRED.

21. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Third, when the able-bodied men of a nation are trained in arms and organized, they are better able to resist tyranny. - Antonin Scalia
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach....pdf+heller+decision&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

That article shows robbery rates by state. I will leave it to you to look up and see which states have the most guns per capita.

You forgot the alternative!

You make a claim, decide you can't provide decent evidence and then you admit, gracefully, that you were wrong. It's my bet that this one won't happen.

Nick, you provided a half arsed link with no real evidence to back up your claim. That's the problem.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Again- not how it works here. Either play by the rules, or please leave. You're making responsible gun ownership advocates such as myself looked stupid. Provide all needed info, or quit making claims you refuse to back up with adequate evidence.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Not my job. You make an assertion, you make the case. Or, even better, you stop making these half-witted threads and read the ones where these topics have already been intelligently discussed.

24. NSNick thread starter macrumors regular

Please explain how it is supposed to work if I can not post an assertion then give a warrant for it then give a link that shows someone in the field who agrees.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's been explained to you several times. I don't know what else to tell you. One more time: You make a claim, you must provide adequate evidence to support that claim. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?