Response to Hillary Clinton's latest campaign spot

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Daveman Deluxe, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm impressed by the time frame in which the Obama campaign has responded to the Clinton ad, but also to the John McCain attacks.

That bodes well for him, should he get the nomination. He won't roll over for the swiftboaters the way Kerry did.

2. Daveman Deluxe thread starter macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

mactastic: The video that I posted has nothing to do with the Obama campaign. It's just a facetious parody by Coudal Partners.

3. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Very witty. I'm glad people are calling her on this ad (as they should for anyone who tries to pull that stunt).

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ditto, I think "fear mongering" is the appropriate term here???

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Is there somewhere that has all of Obama's ads? I thought this ad was pretty bad fear mongering, but I want to look at Obama's ads and see what I think of them.

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

You what makes this even better? The new Russian "president" is named Dmitri. :p

7. Spizzo macrumors 6502

All his TV Ad's are on his campaign's youtube site. (link) They are mixed in with his interviews and speeches, so you will have to go through the pages, but they are labeled 'TV Ad'.

8. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

well i agree with the point the ad is making: hillary already knows world leaders and military etc
    but i agree this is a bit on the fear mongering side
    but then again it never said it directly so i'm not sure

9. Daveman Deluxe thread starter macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Holy ****. Why aren't people getting the fact that this advert is completely tongue-in-cheek?

It was NOT produced by Obama. It was produced by Coudal Partners, a design studio in Chicago. They're just having fun. Somebody saw Hillary Clinton's "3 AM" ad and thought it would be funny to put Merkin Muffley from Dr. Strangelove in there.

It's not fear mongering. Coudal isn't trying to say that Mrs. Clinton knows world leaders. The quote on the front page says, "We don't often jump into the political muck here at the site but Hillary Clinton's latest television spot asks a pretty serious question and we thought it was our patriotic duty to give it an equally serious response."

What the hell, people?

Edit: my bad, I JUST realized that a lot of the reactions were to the original "3 AM" commercial, and not the Coudal spoof. Leaving the original post so that people still see the info about Coudal and the quote.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Firstly, which "world leaders" does she know? Most of the ones she met over cocktails will be out of office by the time the next election comes around. And in what meaningful way can she claim to "know" the military? What an appalling pitch!

11. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Come on. Thats the same teenager logic used in the Brady Bunch when the kid justifies taking the car for a ride even though the dad said not to. If you want another example it is like how Fox News just puts a question mark after everything they say that they know is a lie. Bush the Second Coming?

12. harcosparky macrumors 68020

What experience does Hillary have?

She couldn't even recommend a good Dry Cleaners to the White House staff the last time she was there! :eek::eek::eek: