Restart required to wake up my 27" Cinema Display when I connect my MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by neatoincognito, Jan 18, 2012.

1. neatoincognito macrumors newbie

Up until a few weeks ago, I use to be able to connect my MacBook Air (latest generation) to my 27" Cinema Display and it would wake up, shift the desktop from the laptop to the display, and just work. Now, when I connect my Cinema Display to my MacBook Air, one of two things happen. Usually, the display won't even react at all, and I have to restart my MacBook Air in order for the Cinema Display to wake up, or, sometimes the Cinema Display will wake up, the desktop will move from my laptop to the display, but the Cinema Display will only show a blue screen and I can move my cursor back and forth between displays and switch fullscreen apps but the screen stays blue and I have to force a restart.

How do I fix this?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Is this happening in the Mac OS, or, are you booted into Windows?

3. neatoincognito thread starter macrumors newbie

OS X, 10.7.2. I don't have Windows installed on my system. I also have all system updates installed.

4. neatoincognito thread starter macrumors newbie

5. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

hmm I have a TB display so I can't say that I've experienced that problem myself, but are you using it in clamshell mode or as an extended desktop?

6. digitalhen macrumors regular

I'm seeing this too - MacBook Air 2011 11" on a 27" Cinema Display. Did you ever find a solution?