Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyze

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
With every major iOS update, I've read people complaining and describing serious problems after updating. Fortunately, every iOS update has been very smooth for me… until iOS 11 with my iPhone 6s Plus.

From the very first moment after updating, performance was pretty bad (unresponsive phone for a few seconds frequently and a wide variety of bugs and glitches). I didn't worry too much, as the device always does some background processing after a major update (reindexing, photo processing, etc.). After leaving the device charging and connected to Wi-Fi all night (different timezone here), I found that it still worked terribly and that it had decided to delete all my photos (they're in iCloud Photo Library, so nothing was really lost). I decided to restart the phone, and that was a huge mistake. It got stuck on the Apple logo screen and after a while I was forced to restore it using iTunes. Good thing I had a backup from before updating.

After losing a few hours in the process of restoring everything (which also meant restoring my Apple Watch, etc. — not a great way of starting my morning), my iPhone 6s Plus is still working disappointingly slow. I mean, it's perfectly usable, but it's working much worse than before updating. Much worse than I expected, even considering that it's a x.0 version. Now I'm afraid of restarting my phone.

I've been using iOS since iOS 4 and I don't remember a version that worked worse than this for me, even considering that I always update to the x.0 versions.

From what I've been reading, iOS 11 is working great for other people, even those with a 6s or older, so I guess that it's just my bad luck. I'll be upgrading to an 8 Plus this Friday, so hopefully that will solve my problems. Until then, and for the first time, I'm very disappointed with this update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.