Reston Town Center - Reston, VA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by TheWart, Jun 20, 2010.

1. TheWart macrumors newbie

Hey!

Anyone planning on going to the Apple store in Reston VA this thursday? I pre-ordered my phone and plan on swinging by before work at around ~6:30.

I know some Macrumors users live in the area because when I went to go play with an iPad, I punched in www.macrumors.com and it popped up in the history lol.

2. Big-Mike macrumors newbie

I'm planning on coming. I didn't pre-order so I'll get there pretty early. I'm going to call the store this week and try to find out if they have an idea of the number of phones not already sold through pre-order.

3. TheWart thread starter macrumors newbie

FWIW, I was walking by the store this weekend on the way to somewhere else so I popped in and I asked one of the workers if they were planning on having very many phones beyond the pre-order batch.

He did say that they were planning on having "some" but that he wasn't sure how long that batch would last hehe.

4. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

Hahah that was me :). I played on their iPad and went to this site debating if I should get one or not.

I already preordered my iPhone 4, but I curious how crazy it's gonna be there.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Can't decide if I want to go to Reston (closer) or Tysons

6. Stephen1025 macrumors newbie

Me either! Clerendon is definitely looking busy, so *hopefully* Reston will be alright. I've tried calling the store all day and cannot seem to get a response out of them on anything, much less when they'll let people line up, how many they'll have, etc.. =/
    Probably going to try and be there around 4 or 5.

7. Big-Mike macrumors newbie

I went by the store today to try and find out a rough number of how many non-reserved phones they would have. I couldn't get a number of course, the lady did say that the Reston Town Center security would run people off that were lined up before 5am. Not sure if that will really happen or just what they are told to tell customers.....the official answer.

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Reston Town Center Queue, 1 hour ago

Photo + Video
    http://obamapacman.com/2010/06/apple-store-reston-iphone-4-line-queue/

No, I doubt it.

9. OCX macrumors newbie

Chillin in the reservation line. This is crazy how many people showed up.

10. Big-Mike macrumors newbie

I showed up about 3:50am and found a line with 100 or more people. With the supply issue I don't they have that many for walk-ins so I came back home and went to bed. It will be interesting to see if anyone post how many they had non-reserved.

11. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

They chopped off a good number of nonreserved people. That Probably means no more nonreserved today.