Restore as a new iphone contains 200MB of files??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tongteh, Oct 16, 2008.

1. tongteh macrumors 6502

so i had to restore my iphone and the strange thing is that it contains 202.9MB of "others" files.. is that suppose to be there? or could it be from the left over data from air sharing, cause i am having some problem with that applications storing more and more files every time i try to install it? help needed fast! :)

2. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Usually when restoring an iPhone, the file is about that size.
    You are alright.

3. tongteh thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you very much.. :) appreciate it!! and thats a quick response.. +1!!

4. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

Air sharing problem

I installed air sharing when it was free. Yesterday I was unable to connect to my MBP. So I figured that maybe it was because it was closing me down because my version was a beta or something. I uninstalled it from iphone. Then I clicked on updates and saw..FREE..so I reinstalled it. Now I cant seem to get rid of it. It wont completely install and it wont go away. How to fix? It says logon on to Itunes store etc. Did that. Downloaded 1.4 MB version from IT store. But when I sync I get error messages. I just wanna either install or uninstall. Tired of seeing dialogue box, with error message. Will I need to restore> If I do restore, will it delete my /music/itunes. directory files on MBP?

5. tongteh thread starter macrumors 6502

6. tongteh thread starter macrumors 6502

alright i updated the comment in airsharing forum.. go have a look. :)

7. 123walter macrumors member

123walter

Air sharing un-problem

Thanx to everyone who heped with this. I restored my iphone, using my MBP. It appears to be OK, I also have around 200+mb of"other" stuff. I have a 16Gig 3g. I have one problem that is this, sometimes when I choose to add a large file to air share, it "times out" on me. So I just try again.