Restore backup from iPhone 4 4.1 01.59.00 unlocked to iPhone 4 4.0.2 01.59.00 unlocke

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carreragt7, Dec 5, 2010.

1. carreragt7 macrumors regular

I need to restore a backup from my "old" iPhone 4 4.1 01.59.00 unlocked to my "new" iPhone 4 4.0.2 01.59.00 unlocked but iTunes won't let me use the backup I create from my "old" phone and restore it onto my "new."

I've googled for hours and can't seem to find the same problem with a solution. Does anyone on here know what can be done to allow me to restore my data onto my "new" phone without having to resort to restoring it to the newest firmware (4.2) as it would lock it back up?

Any help would greatly be appreciated, as I really need to get this done ASAP as the "old" phone is supposed to be given as a gift soon.

And just so you get why I don't just keep my "old" phone it is because it is a 32gb and my new is 16gb, and the facetime function on the 32 has the "waiting for activation" issue that supposedly can't be fixed without restoring the phone (losing the unlock), as well as the "new" phone is a fully converted white iPhone.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! :D

2. carreragt7 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? I'm still having this issue, although now my "new" iPhone 4 is a 32gb unlocked on 4.0 and 01.59.00 and my old is still the same (4.1 and 01.59.00 unlocked).