Restore from iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by foreverandalway, Oct 5, 2013.

1. foreverandalway macrumors member

Had a software issue with my iPhone 5. Went to apple today and they replaced my phone. They told me to restore from iCloud using the computer.

My Mac is having issues so I can't use it. Plugged it into the families PC and it wouldn't show the recent update(backed it up at the store to iCloud).

So I reset my iphone and tried to restore from the latest backup but since it doesn't have the newest IOS I can't update it.

How do I fix this?

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Restore your phone to factory settings then choose to restore from iCloud. Make sure you are connected to wifi.

3. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Since you're restoring your backup from iCloud, there is NO NEED to use a computer at all.

Regarding the iPhone does not have the latest software, this is because the replacement iPhone has an older iOS pre-loaded, here are the steps:

1. Don't restore from iCloud 'yet'! Tap Setup as a new iPhone
    2. Go to Setting -> General -> Software Updates (Install the latest version)
    3. After that, Go to Setting -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings
    4. Your iPhone should go back to the setup screen
    5. Now you can setup your iPhone and restore it from backup :)

I'm not sure why the genius told you to restore it from iCloud "using the computer" :D

I think Apple need to improve this by checking the latest software update before asking user restoring from iCloud.

Good luck and you should be all good!

4. foreverandalway thread starter macrumors member

Tried to do that but it won't allow me. I think because it was saved when I had the new IOS and restoring it makes it have the previous IOS.

----------

Thanks!! I was having issues because it wasn't on the newest IOS