Restore MacBook Pro 13” (Early 2011) and updated to Lion to factory default settings

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gvk5904, Jul 20, 2012.

1. gvk5904 macrumors member

Hi,

Currently I am using MacBook Pro 13” (Early 2011) and updated to Lion.
    I am not sure (as I can’t remember) wether my Macbook arrived with restore DVD’s as I couldn’t find them.

I am in process restoring my Macbook to factory default settings, To restore system steps I followed is
    Restarted system by holding Command and R key…….
    System provided me option for Lion recovery and asked me to connect to internet…

Will that option perform a clean factory default install

Please help how to retore MacBook Pro 13” (Early 2011) and updated to Lion to factory default settings

Thanks in advance

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Lion does not have disks, so cmd-r is your only option to loading a fresh copy of OSX. You then can re-download any of the iLife components from the app store.

3. gvk5904 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the update,Will the above mentioned action will perform a clean install,By deleting all the contents in my hard disk...as i need a clean install

---Please confirm.

4. mwhities macrumors 6502a

When you boot the system up into Lion installer, you have the option to format the drive with DiskUtility. Do that first, then start your Lion install. It will be a "clean and fresh" install.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You should have the option of going into the disk utility (found in the tools menu bar) to reformat the drive. Exit the utility after performing it, and then proceed to install.

I will say, since you are reformatting the drive, be sure to have a back up, you never know what could go wrong and having a backup is some sound advice.

6. gvk5904 thread starter macrumors member