restored brand new phone from iCloud - stuck on apple logo (White background/black Apple)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xerenthar, Oct 14, 2015.

1. xerenthar, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

xerenthar macrumors 6502

o sigh. so my iPhone 6S+ had a giant cluster of dead pixels. i was given a new iPhone 6S+. i restored from iCloud backup - the countdown went through, and it restarted - bringing me to a white background with the apple logo. the screen times out and goes black after a VERY short time (10 sec maybe). i don't know if it's doing anything or not.

i force-rebooted it on the previous iteration where this happened. it gave me "slide to upgrade", i did so, it restarted again, and i was able to use my phone and apps began downloading, etc. EXCEPT no messages at all were present. i know messages are in my iCloud and this is one of the most important things for me. sooooo i re-restored and i'm back at the apple logo.

anyone know what's going on?

edit: really sorry, this was supposed to be in troubleshooting. will post there, mod feel free to nuke it.

2. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

The exact same thing happened to me multiple times. All my messages were gone and 70% of my pictures and videos were just white empty spaces. I thought maybe it was the phone but then i got another one and the same thing happened. Somehow the icloud back got corrupted. So i made a new phone from scratch and then backed up. Tried to restore that on an older phone and it happened again. Something is all screwed up with my icloud account, and i have no idea how to fix it