restored brand new phone from iCloud - stuck on apple logo (White background/black Apple)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xerenthar, Oct 14, 2015.

1. xerenthar macrumors 6502

o sigh. so my iPhone 6S+ had a giant cluster of dead pixels. i was given a new iPhone 6S+.

i restored from iCloud backup - the countdown went through, and it restarted - bringing me to a white background with the apple logo. the screen times out and goes black after a VERY short time (10 sec maybe). i don't know if it's doing anything or not.

i force-rebooted it on the previous iteration where this happened. it gave me "slide to upgrade", i did so, it restarted again, and i was able to use my phone and apps began downloading, etc. EXCEPT no messages at all were present. i know messages are in my iCloud and this is one of the most important things for me.

sooooo i re-restored and i'm back at the apple logo. anyone know what's going on?

2. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

The exact same thing happened to me multiple times. All my messages were gone and 70% of my pictures and videos were just white empty spaces. I thought maybe it was the phone but then i got another one and the same thing happened. Somehow the icloud back got corrupted. So i made a new phone from scratch and then backed up. Tried to restore that on an older phone and it happened again. Something is all screwed up with my icloud account, and i have no idea how to fix it

3. xerenthar thread starter macrumors 6502

well, ****.

4. xerenthar thread starter macrumors 6502

as an update if you guys have this problem ever...... the 6S+ backups ALL do this. forced to restore to the 6 backup i made the night my 6S+ arrived. the messages in that backup work fine.

messages are synced to my MacBook, why can't i get those over on my phone? ugh, i hate **** like this. it undermines the "it just works" - i've been trying to get my messages back all night. for hours and hours and hours. and it never worked. not once.

5. ndb85 macrumors newbie

You are not alone. Currently dealing with the same issue. Had to pick up a new iPhone tonight due to the issues with the overheating home button and now I'm stuck staring at a white screen with black apple logo on my space gray 6+. What a pain. Any other answer in sight?

6. xerenthar thread starter macrumors 6502

dude this has been a goddamn nightmare. you know what i honestly think it is..... my backups were 9.0.1, and the new phone has 9.0 or i could upgrade to 9.0.2.

i eventually updated to my pre-6S backup, losing about a month of messages (why can't i sync these from my MacBook?)

then i had "cannot connect to iTunes Store" any time an app would try to download. took several login/logout/powercycle/etc before i finally triggered the "enter your security code" thing.