Restored iPhone 4s from Cloud, battery is dying in under 4 hours.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wavechaser, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Wavechaser macrumors member

Help! I had been playing Infinity Blade II on my phone, lost all my data when they released an update. So I went and restored an old backup of my phone (I do the iCloud backup), and now all of the sudden the battery life on my phone just went to absolute ****. I could literally get almost 2 days of life out of my phone, after restoring, I can only get about 4 hours. On my drive to work today (20 minutes) I went from 97% to 85%...

The phone is also very warm all the time, as if something is constantly running but all my apps are closed out and I have nothing open in memory (on the bottom screen where you can force close apps).

Anyone have any suggestions??

2. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Try turning off the mail and see if it solves the problem. If not turn it back on and move on to the next thing that is always on in the background, like siri, notifications or whatever until you find what is causing the problem.

Otherwise i suggest doing a restore like a new phone and start from there..

3. Wavechaser thread starter macrumors member

I will give it a shot, but it doesn't seem to make sense. My phone was working fine before with no battery issues at all. I restored from a backup literally from the day before (reset my ENTIRE phone to default factory and then restored from backup), and now all of the sudden my battery is draining about 10 times faster even with all the exact same settings?

I'll try turning the mail part off to see if that helps.

4. Wavechaser thread starter macrumors member

Something seems to be using my battery the whole time, even though it should be in standby. Any way to figure out what the culprit is? I recently updated a few apps but can't remember which... I'm suspecting one of those updated apps caused this.

[​IMG]

5. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem. My phones shows same usage time as standby. Everything that could be dodgy is off, no apps in background. Used to use 20/30% a day, now more than fifty.

6. Wavechaser thread starter macrumors member

Solerboy, do you have any of the following apps? The one's I list below are all apps which have had updates in the last few days and could have been the cause of my woes. I've removed all but one of them in the hopes of pinpointing who the culprit is.

Photoshop
    Zinga Poker
    Angry Birds

I didn't delete Angry Birds yet because I really don't want to lose my save data.

7. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

My phone battery has been OK. Nothing great but not bad either.
    Except today. I woke up and it had only charged 93% in 7 hours.

And was down to 40% from 7:30 to 11:30. I was using twitter a lot but still. It's never taken such a huge hit before.

Apple really needs to fix this!

8. SOLLERBOY macrumors 6502a

I only have Angry birds out of that list.