Restored my 3GS and now it won't find signal. PLEASE help.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jay12, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jay12 macrumors member

My unlocked 3GS was having a few small issues so I decided to restore it again with Pwnage tool and unlock with ultrasn0w. Everything went ok but now I don't have any cell signal!! It says searching but will never find carriers and then eventually says no signal. Sim card is fine as I have tried it in my old phone. I have restored it 2-3 times but it will never find signal.:confused: Desperate for any ideas!!! Thanks!!!

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

On the phone, go to Setting > General > About. Tell us the Version and Modern Firmware.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

^^What Myzhi said. If your iPhone's baseband is 5.13.xx or higher, it can't be unlocked yet.

4. jay12 thread starter macrumors member

Well looks like thats the problem. Somehow it got 5.14.02 on it.:( I used it for a week or so and had signal and it was fine and I swore when I went through the hactivation and pwnage I used the same file but now I got the 5.14.02. Is the unlock coming soon? Is it possible to downgrade the baseband? Thanks for the help.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you updated your iPhone thru iTunes to 4.1 before using PwnageTool to create the custom ipsw from a previous iOS then that's your problem.

The unlock for 5.14.02 should be out on Sunday.

6. jay12 thread starter macrumors member

Well I did the option restore and used the custom 4.1 I made with pwnage. Not sure where I went wrong. Hope the unlock is out sunday!

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

For pwnagetool to work properly your iPhone would of have to be on 4.0 for example, then restore to 4.1 using the custom ipsw.

Musclenerd tweeted it should be ready and released on Sunday. We can only hope :D

8. jay12 thread starter macrumors member

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All you can do is wait, you cannot downgrade the bb.
    Should be out tommorow though so not much of a wait:)