Restored used iP5 my with my iCloud backup but asking to login to another account?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ChazUK, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Hi all,

I have a pre-owned iPhone 5 and have just had an odd thing happen to my phone when restoring from a backup I made this morning.

I have 2 backups on iCloud. 1 of my iPhone 4 and another of my new (used) iPhone 5.

[​IMG]

First of all I forced a new iCloud back up of my iPhone 5 (5) at around 10AM this morning.

I then wiped and restored my backup of my iPhone 4 (4)

I then wiped again and restored to my iPhone 5 (5 again) so my iPhone 5 was back as it was this morning and all was good, but I've started getting this pop up on my iPhone 5 now:

[​IMG]

I have no idea why it's asking for XXXXXXXXXX@aol.com to log in to iTunes on my phone and hadn't had this issue at all before.

I've now wiped my 5 again, will delete the old iCloud backup and start afresh but was wondering if anyone can explain how this had happened at all?

The iPhone was on 4.1.3 when I bought it and was restored to iOS7 (via the gold master IPSW file) and set up from fresh when first used it.

Is it likely that that is the previous owners email address or has something gone awry Apple's side? If it is likely to be the previous owner, how has their email been associated on a newly restored iPhone?

I don't even know anyone that uses AOL so the email address is completely new to me.

Thanks for any help.

2. kyleaa macrumors regular

I have had this happen to my on my iOS 7 restore. When it downloads the apps installed on your phone it will prompt for the credentials of any accounts used to purchase apps that had been on your phone. In my case this was my partner's account.

I don't know how this would happen if you don't recognize the apple id, however. Did you install any apps from somewhere other than the App Store?

3. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

All of the apps I've installed are direct from iTunes on my phone (later backed up to iTunes).

Since wiping and starting again, I've had no issues so perhaps its behind me now.

Thanks for your answer! :)