Restored & wiped 3gs to sell....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adammusic, Jan 21, 2013.

1. adammusic macrumors 6502

adammusic

So i restored & wiped my 3gs to sell. Already shipped it out. I just went on the Find My Phone app & its still showing up as a device. I clicked erase & it will get erased once the person i sold it to turns it on & connects to the internet. Will this make it locked for the person? Why would it show up if I completely wiped & restored it?

Also I just wiped from the phone at first & was still getting messages on the 3gs. I then restored through itunes but didn't go through the activation process to see if i was still getting messages. I also removed the sim card. There shouldnt be any info on it still, correct?

2. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

My guess is that you used your iTunes account to do the restore on the phone. So you iTune s account is still in the phone.

It could also be that the device is still registered to you in Apple's records.

You can log into Apple's Web site and unregistered the phone from your name.

You can also change your iTune's password if you are really worried, but I don't think it necessary. The buyer will not be able to add Apps or music until they log into iTunes using their own ID.