Restoring a purchased app that's been pulled from the App Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jr866gooner, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Problem is I bought it, it was pulled I had it in an iTunes backup prior to upgrading to iOS 8 but it no longer shows in my purchased list in the App Store... I paid money for this app... Do I have no way to re download an app I rightly paid for??

2. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

You should be able to access it via download history — I don't know why that's not showing up. I was always able to re-download pulled apps form that page. Sorry this doesn't help, maybe someone else has a better answer.

3. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I don't think it works like this. You have to find a backup of the app on itunes that you have. There are ways to copy the app file into a specific location and get it to show up on your itunes.

4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Did you purchase it from a computer or the phone itself? I have about 5 apps (free and paid) that are long removed from the App Store and they still show up as available to download from my history page on the phone.

5. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Hello, thanks all. I have an iTunes backup which would have contained this app.. I mainly use iCloud but I recall doing both before my update.

I have windows 8 and I purchased the app on the iPhone direct..

6. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

This is weird Flappy Bird still shows up in my purchased list. ;) it's pulled though

7. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Pants...does anyone know if it's possible to say navigate to my iTunes backup and pull out the app in file format and inject it into my iPhone's current setup?

8. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

i want this feature also. I love Lets Golf...but i cannot re-download onto my Plus....that just sucks.
    Gotta wait for jb, i still have the ipa file.

9. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

What's the name of the app? Have you tried contacting the author?

10. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Same thing happened to me with 'Remote File Manager' app. It has a built in SNES emulator but Apple pulled it and won't let me download it anymore even though I paid good $ for it :mad:

I don't see it in my purchase history. I've even tried finding an IPA of it online, adding it to my iTunes library, and syncing it but it gives me an error when I do :(

If anyone knows how I could get this back on my iPhone I would greatly appreciate it :)

11. lelisa13p, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I can say from personal experience on iOS 7.1.2 and iOS 8.0.2 that this app won't work properly. I just tried to open the app. The music & sound effects play but there are no graphics displayed after the splash screen; the screen goes black. Had to kill the app in order to get music to stop.

Maybe it is being reworked for iOS 8, which would theoretically enable game play on iOS 7.1.2 also. Keep an eye open for it to maybe appear on the updates list.

12. jr866gooner thread starter macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Restoring a purchased app that's been pulled from the App Store

Yep tried that and he has not responding i two threads.. He released a newer identical app but pulled the old. I'm not paying for an app twice especially when it's exactly the same!!

Doesn't even respond to direct messages either..

The app was called live camera viewer
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1728834