Restoring an e mail

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY
I hit the trash on an email. It has an attachment I need for work. How do I move it back to inbox for the trash on the iPhone

Last edited:

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I have multiple mailboxes and am not sure if that requires an extra step.

In your inbox there should be a button at the top left to go to either All Mailboxes or the mail account you're in. After you press that there is a group of Inboxes and a group of Accounts. Go into the desired mail account and it will display the folders you sync. Go to Trash, tap the message, then you can use the folder icon to move it to a different folder (Inbox included).

jsf721

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Li, NY

In your inbox there should be a button at the top left to go to either All Mailboxes or the mail account you're in. After you press that there is a group of Inboxes and a group of Accounts. Go into the desired mail account and it will display the folders you sync. Go to Trash, tap the message, then you can use the folder icon to move it to a different folder (Inbox included).
Thanks that was it !

AlexIamandi

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011

Thanks!
Was looking for an answer for this for so long :)