Restoring from previous back up / but contacts from iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james-bailey, Jun 9, 2012.

1. james-bailey macrumors regular

Hi folks, I have just come back from holiday and whilst there managed to delete one of my apps which has a lot of data stored in it which id hate to loose.

The good news though is that I backed my phone up before I left so I plan to restore to that back up so my phone will turn back into how it was.

Howeva whilst on holiday I added some numbers to my phone, which i wouldnt want to loose either and are now on iCloud (just logged in online and I can see them.

My question is, once I have restored, what will then happen to those numbers? Will they delete from iCloud? Or quickly get added to my phone by iCloud once it's restored?

Ps, I wil be restoring via iTunes

Thanks in advance

James

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

When you restore from the last back up you made, everything will be back up to that point, anything after that will be lost.

All your contacts should be intact in the icloud even if you added new numbers. Even if you restored your phone from back up your new ones may be in your contacts, if not, you can just go to icloud and input them to your phone manually.

3. james-bailey thread starter macrumors regular

Okay so i have plugged my phone into itunes and just about to hit the restore button.

It now asked me if I want to back up the settings for the phone before restoring the software... Do i click Dont Back Up here?

If i click this, can somebody confirm that by back up from a week ago will still be available to restore from? Thanks