Restoring iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindseythomas23, Dec 18, 2011.

1. lindseythomas23 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 has been acting up lately and glitching like crazy. I wanted to restore it but I'm not sure what data I would lose. Will all my apps be gone and their progress deleted if it's a game? Just curious, wondered if anyone could help me out.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you restore it and set it up as a new device, then yes, all of your data and the game progress will go away. It will essentially be as if you just bought a new phone.

Now, if you reset your iPhone and set it up from a back-up, then all of your settings and app data will return, but so will the glitches.

3. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

If you restore as "new" then yes, you will lose everything that you had on your phone. It will be like you jus tool it out of the box. Now, if you select restore from "backup" it re-installs the iOS and then puts back all of your information that you had.

I would go for restore from backup first. This usually fixes the most things for me. If it doesn't, you can always go to restore new and that definitely should work. And, if it that doesn't, it's definitely not a software problem but a hardware problem. You might need to bring in to the Apple Store.