Results of my iPhone headsets being washed accidentally!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Vandam500, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I could not find my iPhone headset anywhere! After a week of looking, I declared them lost:( . Yesterday night after washing my first load of clothes (jeans,etc), I took the clothes out and to my horror I saw a white cable and guess what it was! My headset! I was dissapointed since I thought I would have found them at home some day and now that they were washed there dead...but! I went home, dried of the headsets and plugged them into my phone!

Hoping for the worst, I opened the iPod app and music came out of both earbuds! Perfectly, as if nothing had happened:eek::eek: Too good to be true I thought and made a call to my girlfriend to test the mic and guess what! Perfect again!!!!!!:eek: I was in shock at how they were still 100% functional!

So basically, Apple's headsets have to be made of high quality in order for them to work after being washed by a machine (Lots and lots of water and soap!), even though they aren't the best sounding headphones but they are working like new!:rolleyes:

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

ok i was confused at first, never heard anyone use the term headset lol earbuds or headphones yes but not headset! lol thats awesome though, most electronics are ok with water as long as they arent plugged in (shorting out) I've gone swimming with old cellphones I've had and they worked fine once you pulled the battery out and let em dry. I had a samsung phone that went into the lake twice, and it worked awesome afterwards!

3. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Hehe didn't know headsets wasn't used:D hmm but I guess they really arent headsets:p :eek: at the swimming with cell phones. I bet the iPhone can't handle that:(

4. ptsube macrumors 6502

Headset means that the earphones have a mic and/or play/pause/talk button. The word is used frequently. Headsets are usually used with cell phones, computers, and by phone support personnel. The word is quite common.

"Hoping for the worst,"? You didn't want them to work?

5. Stepper macrumors regular

Im sure I made a thread exactly liek this, my headset went through the was aswell....worked perfect afterwards though:cool:

6. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

hmm my best guess is that they got wet but now are dry so you are fine

The two electrical pins on the headphones are pretty far, there are no resistors to fry either, so i guess that if you got them wet and dried them before using them you would be fine

They may be good against water, but dont take your iphone headsets to the beach. The bottom of the headphones is exposed to the enviorment, any sand that gets up the headphones will quickly distort the sound of the headphones when it reaches the headphone speaker.