iPad Retail Apple Store - report if you find any Air 2's in stock

tx2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
So the retail Apple Store website now has this message on it's front page:

"Also available at the Apple Retail Store*"

"*Supplies may be limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.:

Therefore I figured I'd start a thread so people can report if they find any iPad 2's in stock at their local Apple Stores.

No luck in TX yet for me. I called several Apple Stores and they all gave me the same "no release date has been set" message.

randymac88

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2008
Am standing outside Apple Store soho in NYC. All wifi models on sale and available. They are not in the display yet but confirmed with a particularly knowledgable Genius.

Go go go.

titans1127

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
All stores in my area show in stock for various models on Apple's website. I would have been better off not pre-ordering though 1 extra day of waiting won't kill me :)

sectachrome

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
Literally just returned from a special trip to the store and they told me no. Just checked the site when I got back and was able to order an Air 2 and smart cover for in store pick up today :confused:

Better than not getting it at all as I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow that I wanted to use the new iPad for, but the whole secret release thing is ridiculous. If they actually at least told their employees when they would get them in that wouldn't have happened.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
All Apple Stores near me (Charleston SC) have Wifi models. No cellular models though. It seems like those aren't available anywhere yet.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Are the Air 2's on display at the Apple Stores though? im about to go check them out at my local Apple Store right after this gym session lmao

Cobrajett

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Nothing in Waterloo ON, Canada Apple store. I was told tomorrow, providing they receive stock. Employee expected all versions/colours wifi and 4G/LTE to be in stock. Take it for what it's worth.

Lucifer666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2014
BTW, retail employees appear not to be aware of the stock in their stores. The online system determines this.

After all, it's just retail.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
If I known they would have em in Wednesday I would of waited. I don't like buying things with screens online lol. Had issues with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, TV, my note 4 and my nexus 5.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
In stock at all Twin Cities stores just as of the last hour or so - got my 64 GB silver Air 2 set for personal pickup tonight, waiting for the "it's ready" email.

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The store in Richmond, VA has all colors & sizes of Wifi available for in-store pickup right now.

I wonder if LTE versions will be available in-store tomorrow?

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
For whatever reason, the closest Apple Store to me in Phoenix (Biltmore) is not showing any stock available. Most other stores in Arizona are reporting stock.

tx2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Awesome! I ended up taking a nap for a while (I work nights so my sleep schedule is all over the place) and woke up to this great news!

I successfully placed an order for a 64 gb space grey wifi model. Waiting for the order is ready email. Now to choose a case. I'm guessing only the Apple Store will have Air 2 cases in stock since nobody else is selling it yet?

Anybody that ordered today already receive the email that their order was ready or pick it up yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.