Retailers' Deep Discounts are Pissing Me Off!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Nov 30, 2008.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

So as we all know, some retailers rely on the Christmas season for as much as $25 of the year's sales.
    So since gas prices are actually reasonable this season, retailers are hoping this price slashing season will help them get the Christmas season back to pre-Bush years.
    And it's giving me hell!

I bought a portable GPS navigator for my car, and I didn't even care what features it had, because they are mostly all the same. I just wanted to get it at the lowest price possible. So I picked on up for $130 and counted myself lucky. Now I open the paper and see them for $99 :mad:
    I had to buy a new hard drive for my computer, the lowest price I could find was $125 for 120G. now I see deals in the paper like $89 for 250G :mad:

I hate my life. I saw an awesome pair of Nikes for $150 but I'm waiting because I feel like I'll see them for $100 later. I went shopping on Black Friday and got some good deals. Mervyn's is going out of business so I got a great pleather jacket for $40 and some slippers for $12 and flip flops for $5. So I am feeling better about my life right now!

2. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i'm not sure if this warrants a response or not but i think you've lived long enough to know about black friday. it's something that comes once a year, the friday after thanksgiving. if you want to make certain purchases around that time, maybe you should wait and see what's discounted.

also, you go from "i hate my life" to "i am feeling better about my life" in two sentences.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea the OP should know about Black Friday:rolleyes:

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Worst thread ever? It's up there.

On a related note, I got some great deals at the Ralph Lauren outlet in Cabazon, CA.

edit:

dukebound, everyone knows about black friday.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

6. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Solution: never buy anything as it will always be cheaper in the future. :p

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

That's a whole lot of cash :eek:.

8. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

lol I'm just assuming that was supposed to be 25%.

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Things get cheaper with time, deal with it.

If you thought what you bought was worth the money when you bought it then it the exchange was fair, the retailers are not taking anything from you by dropping prices, you're just bitter after being impatient.

Early purchasers pay a premium.

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I am also sure you bought gas for your car a few months back......

Honesty that is what I would be ticked about.

11. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

I hate getting gas the night before and then driving by the same station the next morning and seeing that it's 5 cents less....but somehow I find the will to come to terms with it. :D

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And it's all Barack Obama's fault. This never would've happened if Hillary won the nomination and got elected, right?

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I fail to see how ones life can be better when they wear pleather.

14. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Stevento. If you are older than a teenager (which I doubt) - then I would really be worrying about you.

I still worry.

I am glad you got the chance to vent. I'm sure the better man for hearing it...:rolleyes:

Over $50, right?

You always seem to miss the forest for the trees...

15. Desertrat macrumors newbie

" I saw an awesome pair of Nikes for $150 but I'm waiting because I feel like I'll see them for $100 later."

What's awesome is the idea of a hundred-dollar price tag on tennie-runners that cost maybe 50¢ to make. It's even more awesome that somebody would even think to pay that kind of money for the silly things.

:D:D:D

'Rat

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

LOL! Complaining about buying at the top? Who's fault is that? Besides Obama's, I mean.

What about all those poor folks who bought houses at the top of the market? I'd think they'd have a hell of a lot more of a reason to be "pissed off" than you.

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You forget to mention the 18-pack of beer and the bowl of pork rinds... as they watch the mega flat panel plasma in their mobile home.

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes, quite true. Hopefully Mr Obama will make the change to save us from evil discounts from those greedy stores!