Retailers, share your stories (Complaints, positives, funny customers etc)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jinkst, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Jinkst macrumors regular

Hi,

I work for Vodafone Australia and have been selling the iPhone since it dropped in July. I was just wondering if users had the same complaints the world over.

Now I should state that overall, the feedback from customers has been very positive, and most complaints are from ignorant people that don't know the limitations of the Bluetooth or no picture messages, and the lack of custom ringtones at the moment (they aren't available in Aus right now unless you use a Mac/Garageband).

I recently unbricked an iPhone for a customer and stated he could now use it as a phone but to get all his music etc, he would need to sink it up with iTunes. He then proceeded to tell me that he'd sold his computer that morning, believing that by using the iPhone for music, internet browsing and email, he wouldn't need a computer anymore. The look on his face when I told him this was definately not the case and he just had a phone until he could get a new computer was priceless.

I've also had a customer that I sold an iPhone to at 9:30am come back in at 11:30am, with a cracked screen already. And I mean CRACKED! You could hardly see anything on the screen through the spiderwebbed effect. She was nearly in tears.

The main complaint I've had with customers who actually did their research on the phone and wanted it for what it is (myself included) is the poor battery life compared to what Steve Jobs came out with when it was announced. I get nothing close to the times he stated on my iPhone (if anyone has any tips to extend the battery life I'd appreciate it). I'm basically having to charge in once a day/day.5 max.

So if there are any other retailers out there, share your stories.

Cheers,
    Jinkst

2. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I would also be in tears if I dropped and broke my iPhone immediately after purchasing it. I'm paranoid that something will happen to my phone. Two years is a long time!

When I bought my iPhone back in July I was talking to the lady that was selling me the phone. She told me that on launch day here in Barcelona some guy's phone got stolen immediately after he left the store. I guess some person was waiting for him to leave the store and snatched it and ran, in front of everyone.

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

That's tough. I bought my iPhone in a place near my house and when I left I almost ran home because I was so afraid something would happen to it...

4. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

so what happened to her phone? did you replace it out of pity... or did u have to break the bad news and tell her to buy a new one?

5. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

some battery life tips that I have found would be,

turn off eq on ipod settings, turn down screen brightness, autolock 1 minute, bluetooth off, turn off wifi if in the car (so it doesn't continue refreshing available networks), fetch new data manually, turn off push.

:eek: