Retina Display Request, take a look if you're interested in the Retina Display.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jare, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I was wondering if any iPhone 4 owners with a decent/high quality camera could take a picture of their iPhone 4's with the home screen on. I'd like to see the quality of the Retina Display through the glass via a picture, not some render/homescreen shot.

I searched the forums and couldn't really find much, so I thought I'd ask. I'll be owning an iPhone 4 shortly and I'd like to see the quality before I actually get my Canadian Igloo mits on it. :D

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

There's usually a bunch of these shots included with every review.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

This was taken WITH an iPhone 4 :D Sorry, but this is the best micro allows for me to take

[​IMG]

4. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Yeah but they're all small and don't really help. The best ones were on Gizmodo but it was hard to actually inspect the quality.

@Nick, thank you. Looks great, how does it look/feel in person? Loving that display.

@Hell, thanks again. Great shot, very large and helpful.

5. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Fantastic picture. But let me tell ya, until you see it in person...you really can't get the full effect. It's really quite amazing.

"you ain't seen it" :p

6. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Yeah I really can't wait to try it out. I've heard a few gripes with screens/antennae but it hasn't distraught me from purchasing one. To me it's still the best smartphone in the market for my needs. Maybe not for everyone's, but for mine HELL YES! :)

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Agreed, the screen in person = awesome! Nothing like it. You are definitely going to notice a much upgraded screen compared to the older iPhones.

I love this thing. Only problem is the antenna issue, and both my phones have it, but it isn't that big of deal for now I guess.

You can check out more here, all were taken with an iPhone 4:
    http://gallery.me.com/nickspohn#100008&bgcolor=black&view=grid

8. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

I currently own a 3GS, and I agree about it probably being an upgrade but I'll wait till I sit down on my ice block while ice fishing in my igloo and take a look at my screen before I gawk! :D

9. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

had a wtf is this moment when scrolling that photo haha ... forgot what i was looking for in the first place haha

10. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Since 2007 when the iPhone launched, I simply can't goto another phone. I'm hooked. It's really an amazing device.

I have never owned any apple product prior to June 2007. I had tried all the HTC and treo and blackberry devices. But the iPhone changed everything. Look at the phone market today, it's all touchscreen phones with virtual keyboards.

Everyone was so skeptical of apple having no physical keyboard and only one button on the device front. But it really did revolutionize cell phones.

iPhone 4 was such an amazing upgrade to me. I can't
    stand to look at inferior phone displays now :p also I have nor experienced the problems some have had. It's been wonderful.

11. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

You should add a side by side picture of the 3gs/4 with the home screen on. Or maybe I missed that picture in the gallery.

12. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

yeah, no matter how a picture is taken, its still gonna be displayed on your crappy computer screen (I say that cause after getting used to my iphone, every screen sucks). You have to see it in person.

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The first thing I noticed right away was the text clarity when I went to go send a text, it really is just perfectly sharp. I looked at a 3G a few days later, and the screen just seemed so "blah".

14. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

I completely agree.

I wasn't a huge Apple fan, but I did love my iMac. When I heard about the iPhone instantly I wanted it but was worried it wouldn't actually be a great.. phone. Just a great everything else.

Owned almost every model up to the 3GS. Until the 3GS I wasn't happy with it as a cell phone, but more as a media device. Now it does everything I need and I can't go back.

I actually tried using a Blackberry Bold 9700 for about 2 months in between my 3G -> 3GS. I liked it better at first, but that diminished after 24 hours. The keyboard was small, awkward and although I typed fast I didn't ENJOY typing on it. Speed vs. Enjoyment = Enjoyment will win.

Now I can't go back either. I think if Apple stopped continuing with iPhones, I'd probably stop using cell phones all together. Not because iPhone = the greatest thing in the world, but because the iPhone is EXACTLY what I need for my day-to-day cell phone/social networking needs. Anything else just doesn't compair as well.

15. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

16. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare