Retina Macbook Pro Creaks after bottom plate being reseated

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macfreak101, Nov 29, 2014.

1. macfreak101 macrumors regular

hey everyone my retina mbp 13 inch 2014 mode would creak like when I lifted my computer or when I opened it creaked sometimes so i went to the service center and they opened and reseated the case and the creaks went away for a day but then again they came back and I went to the service center again and told that guy that the sound was back. I told him that the sound would only come if i would press the top left or right corners of the case while the screen was open and then if I moved the screen or if I lifted my computer which seems to be coming from the bottom of the case, Im not sure. But even when i move the hinge the sound would come sometimes a very faint sound. The guy told me to leave the computer with them for 2 days and said that they would disassemble the display and refix it again to the case. My computer is barely 2 months old I don't like the fact that they will open everything up and re fix it on top of that these are apple authorized service center which aren't owned by apple so I don't know , what if they screw up? Guys suggestions please. After some researching i realized its a very common problem with the retina mac , apple quality sucks BUT WHAT IS THE FIX? IS the noise coming from the hinge or bottom case and Can they cause damage by assembling the screen again or should i just live with it?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

My 15 rMBP creaks often when I place my hands on the hand rests. Specifically when its on my lap and kind rock a little.

3. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

have you taken it to the apple store?

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

No - havnt been that worried about it. I may try to see if I can reproduce it. Otherwise nothing they can do.

5. macfreak101 thread starter macrumors regular

could you provide information as to how old your computer is and when did the creaks begin to occur?

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10