Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
Certainly intriguing. I wouldn't mind some competition in search.
It would make Google better, too.

-t

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
this was crazy. the original is here:

http://twothirdsdone.com/2014/04/28...rom-my-book-the-future-history-of-technology/

It was fortunate that Jobs had heard of an amazing Israeli scientist who developed an algorithm for search that would have the same effect on Google as Google had on Alta Vista using Page Ranking. The key thing was to keep the project hidden. This way if it failed, it would not make Apple look bad but if it succeeded, it would smash Google.

While these stories were not far from the truth, they lacked a few key elements – all of which were finally revealed publicly by Steve Jobs at a major event in Sept. 2015. Yes, I said Steve Jobs. This effort was so important to him that he pre-recorded the announcement before his death and instructed Tim Cook to use it.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah I'm sure Steve Jobs figured out a better search algorithm than Brin/Page. Yeah.....

Just stop it already. Apple lost in cloud services and won in devices.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Yeah I'm sure Steve Jobs figured out a better search algorithm than Brin/Page. Yeah.....

Reading comprehension...use it. :roll eyes:

This would certainly be amazing if true.

CosmoFox

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2014

I didn't know the cloud services war was over. Also, I didn't know there was a war.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.