Retrieving photo messages sent to iphone from backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seventhsavior, Dec 25, 2011.

1. seventhsavior macrumors newbie

Hello all!

Recently my iphone was stolen. I have a backup of it on my computer, and photos sent to me by my mother of my dog who just passed away. They were not saved to my camera roll, but should be backed up in my sms. Is there a way to retrieve them?

thanks,

I'm relatively computer intelligent (but not anything amazing), i got all the txts back by using a data extractor and converting the sms.db to an excel file. Just hoping i can get those photos of my pup back.

thanks again guys~

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If its on your backup file you can restore from that backup and they will be there.

3. seventhsavior thread starter macrumors newbie

is there a way to do this on my computer? my phone was stolen, i was mugged (merry christmas right? ha). So i don't have the phone. Just the backup.

4. seventhsavior thread starter macrumors newbie

5. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Try Google. There is some software, I believe the name is iPhone Backup Extractor, and that allows for some of that. Not sure about getting the pictures from an MMS, but you could always try. You can search here on MR and see if you can find that. I know I have seen other threads about getting information from backups. Good luck.