Return iphone 5 to store, restore my upgrade eligibility?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dndandrea, Sep 20, 2012.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

I'm returning my black iphone 5 tomorrow to the apple store and was wondering how long it will take until i get back my eligibility to upgrade to a white iphone 5 at the discounted price. Will it instantly restore my eligibility or does this process take a while to go through? Has anyone done this before?

I figured i'd return it tomorrow and just patiently keep checking the apple store, best buy, walmart, target, sams club, etc... until i found a white 32gb in stock.

I talked to an apple rep on the phone this morning and she told me i have 30 days to return the phone and then to call AT&T and tell them restore eligibility but didn't know how long it takes. If anyone has past experience or advice please let me know, thanks.

2. carlili4190 macrumors regular

If you bought the phone online, you won't be able to return it in the store.

3. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

Was told by apple's online customer service and the local apple store employee that i had 30 days to return my iphone 5 in store ("no questions asked" policy) that I ordered online.

4. ace198 macrumors regular

What happens if you have grandfathered unlimited data with Verizon and upgrade to iPhone 5. Then you return it in 30 days. Would that give you back your unlimited or no?

5. LoloBond macrumors 6502

thats incorrect, you can return or exchange at the store... just go tomorrow and exchange it... I'm going to take my seal box and exchange it for a white one. :D

6. Codepiink macrumors regular

7. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Withing 14 days they are supposed to revert you back but with the way Verizon pull fast ones I wont risk it...

8. Webb macrumors regular

Webb

Tomorrow ? That will be a 6 hours line.

9. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

The chances of finding a white iphone at an APPLE STORE in stock within the first month of release is pretty hard. Theres only one apple store around here and its in a very populated place. Trust me, this was my first choice but i know its just very unlikely.

Id rather hold onto the phone in the box until i find a white iphone in stock somewhere. Then i'll return my black iphone and go to wherever the white iphone is and buy that if im re eligible to buy at discount price.

10. carlili4190 macrumors regular

Please read this(I had the same idea you did).

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund
    Note: An iPhone purchased on the Apple Online Store is ineligible for return to an Apple Retail Store.

Items ordered on the U.S. Apple Online Store that arrived damaged or are incorrect can be returned to any U.S. Apple Retail Store, or*by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775.

11. LoloBond macrumors 6502

I guess my local store doesn't go by that...