Return iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00t951, Nov 5, 2011.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

My white iPhone 4S is excellent... Except for two things.

First, the battery, but I'm sure that will be fixed in a future iOS update.

Second, I have two (maybe three) defective pixels. One is just below the halfway point on the screen and is stuck on white. Another is right above the halfway point on the screen and is stuck on black.

Third, the white paint is chipped by the bottom of the screen, leaving a small black streak about 0.5mm long at the bottom of the phone near the home button.

Do you think the second problem (pixels) and the third problem (paint) warrant an exchange? I have a screen protector, and I hesitate to throw it away... Thanks!

2. vincent6396 macrumors member

Really up to you if you can deal with those problems. If it was me I would return it to get a flawless one. Also easier to sell down the line without those problems if you choose to sell.

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Did you really just say that you don't want to exchange a defective iPhone because you don't want to throw away the screen protector? Hmmmm, expensive iPhone, or $2 screen protector? I'd say keep the defective iPhone.

4. jekyoo macrumors 6502

If you have a dry method screen protector, you can easily transport it over. I've successfully transferred screen protectors without getting lint under it.