Return period

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shareef777, Nov 17, 2016.

1. shareef777 macrumors 68020

shareef777

So I read that our return period would be in January due to the holiday shopping season. But when I check online on my order, it shows: Eligible for return until: December 3, 2016

Any thoughts on this?

2. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

if you got it after November 10th, you get the extended return window.

3. darkside flow macrumors 6502

I've confirmed with two different reps via online chat that the Holiday Return Period applies for the new MacBook as they've all been delivered after November 10.

4. wbinford macrumors newbie

Bought mine in store yesterday. Was told I had until January 7th to return it.

5. Pivoh macrumors member

does this only apply to the ONLINE store?

Holiday Return Policy
    Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 10, 2016 and December 25, 2016, may be returned through January 8, 2017. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2016 are subject to the Standard Return Policy.

6. Orien macrumors regular

Orien

No, my in-store receipt says January as well.

7. shadow82x macrumors 6502

So just to clarify, those of us who pre-ordered right after the keynote will have until January 8th?

I just started an online chat, and she originally told me 14 days, and then once I mentioned the holiday return period she was like...oh yeah that applies too.

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Folks, I've already provided the answer in post 2. It's black and white. If you received your MBP between Nov 10 and Dec 25 from Apple, then you have until Jan 8 to return it. There is no grey area, no gotchas, and no whammies....

9. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

My experience has not generally led me to believe that megacorps will consistently honor such terms. I mean, pretty often, probably, and I don't think Apple specifically has ever screwed me, but then, I don't think I've previously had to return an Apple product.

10. PaulWog Suspended

Apple honors their return policies. Just don't drop the laptop.

11. Smoovejayy macrumors regular

12. Ataricade Suspended

You won't return it. They are amazing don't believe the hate.

13. fate0311 macrumors 6502

I was so tempted just now to troll so hard and say apple told me no pre-orders were honored in the holiday return. I exercised my self control though.

14. shareef777 thread starter macrumors 68020

shareef777

Absolutely, I love this machine, but may be going to the 13" as I'm not needing as much horsepower as I used to and have really been amazed at the size of the 13".

15. Ataricade Suspended

Pick the size you need. These are easily the finest laptops on the planet. Haters can hate. They don't get it.

16. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Comments like this from you are of no surprise to me. Out of curiosity, do you ever have anything positive to say? I ask because you are constantly grinding axes in every thread around here.

For others reading this and are new to Apple, of course they honor their stated policies.

17. shareef777, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016

shareef777 thread starter macrumors 68020

shareef777

I will add that I took in my 2012 rMBP to repair the dGPU under their repair program. The tech noticed my battery was bad (and it was, I'd only get an hour on battery) and keyboard was worn down. They're replacing the logic board, battery, AND entire top case with the keyboard under the repair program.

Apple consistently goes above and beyond for support. It's what makes their 'overpriced' equipment NOT overpriced.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    Yes, except they're both exceptional machines, and while I've been using the 15" for a few days, I can't help but wonder how nice the portability of the 13" would be. I've been a 15" user for over a decade, but the speed of the 13" has increased to meet my demands. Obviously the 15"'s speed has increased, but to the point where I don't need it.

I'd wager many end users are also getting to the point where machines are throwing in so much power that it's difficult to sell them on buying a new one just for the speed gain. Which is why I love the focus on technologies outside the CPU/GPU. Port connectivity, storage speed, display, and yes, even the TouchBar is what makes this so great.