return unlocked 64 gb 4s with no receipt?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aPple nErd, Jul 3, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

is there a way to do this. i have lost the receipt and want to exchange for a white. can it be done?

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Nope.

3. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Where did you buy your iphone? If you bought it at the apple store, normally they would ask you for an e-mail address so that they can send you a receipt via e-mail. Of course you can also ask for a physical receipt but most of the time they ask for your e-mail. Everytime I purchase something from the apple store they always ask for my e-mail.

When I purchased an unlocked iphone, they asked for my e-mail. I had issues with it so few days after I went back and asked for an exchange. I didn't have a physical receipt with me but I had a receipt in my e-mail. They didn't check and they just checked my serial number.

I would just take it to the store and ask them.

5. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

it was actually a gift. so i don't know.

----------

als, all i want to do is swap it for white, not get my money back.

6. noteple macrumors 65816

If its outside of the 14 day return period they most likely will Not swap it.

But it doesn't hurt to try and they can verify purchase date by serial number

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

In U.S it's 30 day return period for the iPhone.

OP: Even if it is a gift you can try and get it exchanged but has to be within 30 days. They can check the purchase date by the serial number as mentioned.

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Have you registered it? I think you will be okay if you take it in and explain....If they insist on a written proof of purchase, ask the person who gave it to you. I'm sure they wouldn't be offended if you just want to swap colour.

9. noteple macrumors 65816

I sit corrected it is 30 days in US. The change happened long ago.

Thanks Shadowbech for keeping me honest

10. dave420 macrumors 65816

I would think you would be able to return it without a recipt to most stores, as they should be able to look it up by the serial number. Of course you would have to know what store they bought it from and go to that store.
    Also a lot of stores give the money back based on the method of payment. So it is possible that the refund would go to the original purchaser's credit card. That can be tricky to resolve too.

11. vistadude macrumors 65816

at&t will print you a copy of the receipt, i'm guessing apple can do the same. But you might need the name or account from the person who bought it for you.

12. Azzin macrumors 68040

OP-I genuinely mean you no disrespect or offence, but how on earth does someone buy you a $700 gift and not have a receipt of any description? :confused:

In the UK, you don't need the actual till receipt, you just need "Proof of payment", so a bank or credit card statement would suffice.

Even if the person that bought you the iPhone doesn't have the original till receipt, surely he/she paid on some form of debit/credit card, so they can easily print a statement off for you?

Where was it purchased from inhe first place?