Return Verizon iPhone 5 to Apple store

MotionxxUSxx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Is it possible to return a Verizon iPhone 5 to the apple store which was mailed from Verizon. . Think I'm staying with AT&T.

D33170

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
Is it possible to return a Verizon iPhone 5 to the apple store which was mailed from Verizon. . Think I'm staying with AT&T.
No you can not.. I spoke with an Apple CSR and was told I need to return/exchange the ip5 to whatever carrier I purchased it through. As I wanted to exchange my ip5 for a different color. For hardware/warranty issues, you go through Apple

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
No you can not.. I spoke with an Apple CSR and was told I need to return/exchange the ip5 to whatever carrier I purchased it through. For hardware/warranty issues, you go through Apple
This is 100 percent correct.

Although many people who buy an iPhone from a specific carrier have no idea that they can take their iPhone to Apple for hardware/warranty issues.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
I'll be surprised if Apple takes it back. They can do exchanges sure, but returns will probably have to be done with Verizon.

D33170

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
I'll be surprised if Apple takes it back. They can do exchanges sure, but returns will probably have to be done with Verizon.
Apple even told me I couldn't exchange unless there were issues with it. Not being satisfied with the color doesn't count as an issue

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Apple even told me I couldn't exchange unless there were issues with it. Not being satisfied with the color doesn't count as an issue
Right, it doesn't. That's just a regretable decision on your part, not an issue with the phone for them to deal with.