Return white iphone 5 for black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thaghost, Sep 23, 2012.

1. thaghost macrumors 6502

Any of you thought about exchanging your white iphone 5 for a black? Do they charge you another activation fee?

2. doc shivers macrumors member

I can almost assuredly tell you that there will be no single person doing this.

3. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

I would kinda like to. For one I HIGHLY doubt you would be able to do so. And I like my white but black looks amazingly nice. Just be happy with what ya got

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

No and No.

Depending on where you purchased determines how easy it will be for you to complete your return / exchange.

Dave

5. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I have my black one and love it. Just have to keep it away from air, cuz it'll scratch

6. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Hell no. The all black iPhone is so ugly. There is no contrasting colors or character to the phone.

7. JoshObra macrumors regular

According to my poll from another thread, there are some people who has switched from white to black.

Whatever makes the person happy.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

9. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Like with my previous iPhone purchases, I wanted White but at the end I ended up with Black.

I'm happy with it and now I think it's much better.

I don't know why I can't wait, it's not like I love the new iPhone, I'm just impatient and just wanted a new toy. I might try a straight trade when I get bored with it.

10. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I have the black, and I didn't like the white in pictures, but looking at the white in person at the apple store...it's a great looking phone. Can't imagine those who have it feeling a huge desire to switch.

Still like my black and slate, though.

11. forza1976 macrumors regular

12. alekona macrumors member

I did. Liked the white but not as much as the black.

13. imazu macrumors regular

i love my black/slate iphone5. my preference didn't change when I saw it in store. white is nice nothing against it but I still love my black.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

Ask Apple about an exchange. Your carrier won't charge a second activation fee since the fee is related to the account and the upgrade, not the sale of a particular unit.

Anyway, I like the white one, though I think the black one looks sharp, as well. The white one sparkles in the right light settings. It also feels just as premium as any iPhone that preceded it.

15. spiralynth macrumors regular

I got the Black, but I really love the back of the White. The front ... not so much.

16. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

There are a bunch of people wanting to do the exact opposite. Your cheapest option is to swap with one of them. I would do the swap at an official store, just so they can get it all on record. You can also return the phone within the return window and start again. I know AT&T charges some sort of return fee, so you may get charged for that (was $40 last I did it, but a quick call to AT&T had it waived).

17. diegosilang macrumors member

Loving my white iPhone and i aint giving it back :D

18. dannyhex macrumors regular

I love my black iphone. Dont know IF i had white If i would go to black. both colors rock imo.

19. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Contrasting colors make the screen look small and silly. White also looks like Michael Jacksons glove.

20. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I heard if you go white you may never go back...

21. briand05 macrumors 6502

I got a white one this time and I think it's really nice and I think the black one is nice too. It's not a big deal tbh. LOL

22. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

If your new iPhone is flawless, I wouldn't swap it based on color. You may end up with a device with a little quirk you didn't notice before.