Returned iPhone without accessories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rsnapeuk, Oct 3, 2012.

1. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

So I exchanged my iPhone 5 from Black to White - and I've not included the lightning or headphones.

As I thought they'd just give a new handset, but instead they gave me complete new box, with white iPhone.

Will they request the accessories back?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They won't, though if you feel guilty you can bring them back to the store and return them.

3. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

I did the same thing when I got my iPhone 4.

I took back the new ones in the second handset I got rather than the ones that had been stuffed in my ears.

4. meast003 macrumors newbie

where did you return it to, and what did you do with the other box?

5. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

To the same Apple store I got the second handset from, the ones who would be missing the accessories, I took the box for my black one into the store with me when I got the swap.

6. MaC rA mE macrumors member

How long after you got it did you return it? If I got my phone from a telco, reckon I could walk into my local apple store and do the same (I'd return the extras of course lol)?

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If your within the 14 day return period....

8. rsnapeuk thread starter macrumors regular

Free lightning adapter & headphones for me then!

Apple Online (UK) a courier (UKMail) came to collect (black iPhone 5).

You're allowed to return or exchange your iPhone within the 14 day period.

9. MaC rA mE macrumors member

And whats a good reason for them to swap it?
    I just don't like the colour?

10. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you got your iPhone from some place other than Apple, Apple will only provide warranty support for it (via the Genius Bar). This may involve them giving you a replacement phone (that may or may not be refurbished, most likely not since this model is so new), but this replacement phone they give you will come from a reusable little white box with no accessories in it.

If you got your iPhone from Apple, and you're within your return window, you can return your iPhone back to them, and then turn around and buy a brand-new one. You will end up with all of the accessories if you do it this way. After your return window is up, you'll go through the warranty repair (Genius Bar) method above.

But you can't take an iPhone that you bought from a carrier back to Apple for an exchange, for no reason (like wanting to switch colors).

11. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

I would return them. The apple employee told me a ton of people steal them and don't bother returning them. I am not saying you stole them because it's clear you didn't

I'd still return them though, morally speaking. I will be returning mine with the replacement phone, I don't need two lots of accessories.

12. mhuang2286 macrumors newbie

lol a multi billion dollar company won't care if you don't return the $5 prices of plastic they sell to you at $30 each.

13. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Principles bro, principles.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They don't really care because they'll refurbish the phone itself with a new case and battery and include new accessories to be sold in the refurbished store or as white box replacement iPhones.

15. phinsup macrumors 6502

phinsup

Same happened to me on the 4s, I dropped I'm coffee the day after I got it and used the AppleCare exchange. Guy gave me everything and I said "I already have the charger and headphones" and he said "won't hurt to have a second set" and I left.

16. PeterKG macrumors 6502

17. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

No one will care, no one will appreciate your honesty. Keep them if you want or return them if it will make you feel better.

18. minneola24 macrumors member

The thing is apple will most likely toss those headphones. So there's no point giving them back.

19. timychann macrumors newbie

They don't really care. If you sent the in you would run a risk of getting just your iPhone in a white box with nothing. On the return sheet of your iPhone, it should say not to pack any accessories as it will not be sent back. (Re my iPad 2 return)

20. slookx24 macrumors member

If I knew a pair of earphones were returned, even if they were refurbished, I would not want them. Headphones, yes. But earphones? That's disgusting. I don't need your ear wax in my ears and you don't need mine in yours.

But I would definitely keep the lightning cable because it's absolutely stupid that the item is backordered all the time.

21. scotigno macrumors member

I have a genius appointment today because of a defective home button. I am just wondering when i go to the apple store should i bring my box with the accessories or just bring the iPhone?

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Just the iPhone.

23. jrhudson, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

jrhudson macrumors member

Yea same question they sent me in new everything. A new iphone 5 box with everything. I called applecare for the replacement and i got one a few days ago. But the thing is its a return.