Returned Launch day unlocked iphone 5 and rewarded with free accessories ;)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by faiz23, Oct 19, 2012.

1. faiz23, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012

faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

I tried to return 2 of the launch day white iphone 5 16gb FULL PRICE unlocked. The original transaction was messed up by the rep since he rang up the same serial twice and I had to return the next day to sort it all out with a manager. This created confusion with the return 28 days later and they had to manual return it as a no receipt and load up $650 + tax onto a gift card for BOTH phones.

This was unacceptable and the manager refunded the gift card with an override to any debit/credit card of my choice. To make up for the original troubles along with the long time to process multiple transactions to refund it back to the original card versus a paper check. He gave me both the lightning cables and both the chargers out of my returned iphone 5 that were 28 days old. I am sure if I asked for the earbuds (which were untouched) he would have thrown those in but I was so happy with the overall transaction that all the headaches with the original purchase were worth it. I have no need for the headphones and I was floored that he would do that in the first place.

In the end I was able to get 2 black iphones from another store with the size configurations I wanted. I get another 30 days to evaluate but honestly I am keeping it. Only reason the exchange occurred was to get the right color and size along with returning applecare+. I have special $35 coupon codes for square trade and with having a local apple store with $229 replacements I will get 3 replacements out of the warranty without any deductible and my total cost is $89 for original warranty and $38 for the third replacement.

CLIFF NOTES: GTFO NOOB :apple:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I don't get it .? So u got couple of free cables and some $35 gift card ? For all that ... What's the thread about ?

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Exactly... Not sure what OP's point is. Maybe OP thought he was posting on his blog?

4. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

And I think he posted dozen pics of the phone which he already returned! And didn't liked .... Hummm...

5. faiz23 thread starter macrumors 6502

faiz23

So you want me to post up about the .00002 mm scratches or the rattling noise. How about the flickering screen or the long wait times on preorder. Do you expect every thread on mac rumors to be negative.

I posted up to inform other members about my experience returning the device and due to the troubles from the transaction. The manager hooked me up with accessories instead of a gift card since that is easier and they never send the accessories back for refurbishing on the returned device. I got 2 1 amp chargers and 2 lightning cables from apple. Awesome service and great teamwork between the rep and manager.

I already have 2 black iphone 5 in my possession and with the 2 cables and chargers. I can leave the ones in the box that are brand new untouched. So if any members plan to return their devices but still have an iphone 5. Ask the manager if they will let you keep the lightning cable. Saved me $19 + $19 + $19 + $19. Also the square trade $35 code was from square trade direct on facebook after messaging them direct.

6. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I don't see why people are giving you crap for this post. It's a nice story, good to see Apple were able to make it up to you after they messed up your order.

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Thank you so much for sharing this with us- my day would have been incomplete without knowing about your reward. I'm sure this information will come in handy the next time any of us want to return two of our launch day, FULL PRICE unlocked white 16GB iPhone 5s and the rep rings up two returns for the same serial number erroneously.

Also, 'GAWD', that yellow/blue bumper is ghastly.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

A year ago I bought a MacBook Pro with AppleCare. Then I returned the AppleCare; then I decided to return the Mac immediately. This caused a problem in the Apple system where they gave me a refund on the AppleCare twice.

I then got kicked out by the manager for trying to scam them. It was of course forgiven since it wasn't my intention.