Returned phone to Best Buy and wont get upgrade back for up to 3 days!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Gawd ******!

So I bought an Infuse 4g a couple of weeks back to try out android, they went ahead and used up my upgrade that day and changed my upgrade eligibility that very day.

Then I go today to return it so I can pre-order the iPhone 4s tonight and they say it will take up to 3 days to get back my upgrade eligibility! :mad:

Not really mad at them (they were nice about the return) but just mad at myself... sigh...

Anything to be done besides just waiting? Has anyone had this happen to them with Best Buy and had their upgrade eligibility returned sooner than 3 days?

I'm worried that if I don't pre-order tonight/tomorrow that I will have to go through a horrific experience in person waiting at the store :(

2. Pooshka macrumors 65816

I was in the similar situation and my upgrade eligibility was restored the next day. I just remembered that I had to call CS to speed up the process. Call 'em.

3. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Happened to me when i bought my i4 on release, they said that i'd get it back in three days. 2 Weeks later and still nothing, go straight to the AT&T store with the return receipt and ask them to do it manually, make sure its a corporate store also. It worked for me :eek:

4. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

You mean Att customer service? Anything you said to them in particular?

I called them twice earlier and they simply said "you have to wait until Best Buy notates it for us" :(