Returning a Subsidized Phone. Does it mess with my eligibility?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KittyKatta, Sep 29, 2013.

1. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Sorry for a dumb question but here's my situation. I settled for a Space Grey iPhone last week at the Apple Store using my subsidy discount and signing a 2yr contract. But now Best Buy just emailed me that my Silver reservation is in.

So my concern is how returning a subsidized phone will affect my eligibility. Is eligibility restored immediately or is there a waiting period? Since this is just a color swap then is it easier to just wait for the Apple Store to get my color in stock rather than dealing with two store?

Thanks for any advice.

Kaitlyn

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They often quote 24 to 48 hours to restore your subsidy, though many people here have reported the subsidy returned to their account in about 10 minutes.

The bottom line, is you'll get it back, but it may take a day or two

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Yep some get it reversed almost instantly and other have to wait.

I would suggest that anyone getting a new phone checking out their status on your carriers website a few days after to make sure all is still the way it is supposed to be. More easy to fix sooner than later if things get screwed up.

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Returning to a brick and mortar apple store, they will give it to you almost immediately. Having to send it back via USPS as I just did, Apple will have to receive it first, than the Carrier (Verizon in my case) will reinstate the eligibility date. I'm still waiting :(