Returning an iPhone 5 to the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bxbomb1983, Sep 23, 2012.

1. bxbomb1983 macrumors newbie

bxbomb1983

I just got a 16GB White iPhone 5 from the Apple Store on Friday morning, all they had left was the white 16GB (AT&T) so I went ahead purchased it because I couldn't wait for a 32GB version. I'm kinda regretting it now because I really need the extra storage.

Do any of you guys know if I can return it within the 14 days and get a 32GB version if they have one available?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You can, but I believe there is a restocking fee.

3. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Yes, you can. I don't think the Apple Store charges restock fees, although other vendors do.

4. bxbomb1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

bxbomb1983

Thanks!!

I'm going to call them tomorrow hopefully they have them available sometime before the return policy expires.

5. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

No restocking fees here in Canada. Returned my 32GB Black locked the day after I bought my 5.

My unlocked 32GB Black came in the mail on time :)

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Apple in the US does not charge a restocking fee. Some carriers who sell iPhones (such as AT&T) charge restocking fees if the box has been opened.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

Apple allows you 30 days for a return / exchange. They just need to have one in-stock to make your return / exchange.

Dave

8. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

I had pre-ordered, but then returned it to get a different configuration. Since I bought it from the Apple website, they let me return it to the Apple Store for a refund on the spot. No hassle, no restocking fees.