Returning an iPhone 5 to the Apple Store?

bxbomb1983

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Orlando, FL
I just got a 16GB White iPhone 5 from the Apple Store on Friday morning, all they had left was the white 16GB (AT&T) so I went ahead purchased it because I couldn't wait for a 32GB version. I'm kinda regretting it now because I really need the extra storage.

Do any of you guys know if I can return it within the 14 days and get a 32GB version if they have one available?

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
Yes, you can. I don't think the Apple Store charges restock fees, although other vendors do.

bxbomb1983

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Orlando, FL
Thanks!!

I'm going to call them tomorrow hopefully they have them available sometime before the return policy expires.

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
Apple in the US does not charge a restocking fee. Some carriers who sell iPhones (such as AT&T) charge restocking fees if the box has been opened.

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I just got a 16GB White iPhone 5 from the Apple Store on Friday morning, all they had left was the white 16GB (AT&T) so I went ahead purchased it because I couldn't wait for a 32GB version. I'm kinda regretting it now because I really need the extra storage.

Do any of you guys know if I can return it within the 14 days and get a 32GB version if they have one available?
Apple allows you 30 days for a return / exchange. They just need to have one in-stock to make your return / exchange.

Dave

ANMA dojo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010

I had pre-ordered, but then returned it to get a different configuration. Since I bought it from the Apple website, they let me return it to the Apple Store for a refund on the spot. No hassle, no restocking fees.