Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smeghead91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Hi all,

I have recently bought the new ipod touch 2nd gen 32gb model and would like to return it due to the battery! It is an amazing device don't get me wrong but I find myself charging this every day and its pretty annoying.

Anyways I have the receipt and all the instructions, box, stickers everything even the bag it came in.I was wondering can I return it? Can I pay the restocking fee and exchange it for store credit?

Not sure what the policy is on this so though I would ask here first!

Thanks.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
You cannot return it after the 14-day period for electronics. This is the same policy you'll find for any electronics product. Unless you're watching movies everyday or playing games nonstop, the battery should last you at least a few days. That being said, you could have the battery checked to see if it is not a defect battery.

aznguy2772

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Hi all,

I have recently bought the new ipod touch 2nd gen 32gb model and would like to return it due to the battery! It is an amazing device don't get me wrong but I find myself charging this every day and its pretty annoying.

Anyways I have the receipt and all the instructions, box, stickers everything even the bag it came in.I was wondering can I return it? Can I pay the restocking fee and exchange it for store credit?

Not sure what the policy is on this so though I would ask here first!

Thanks.

Well, is it defective? Do you find yourself charging it everyday even though you're not using it much?
If that's the case, you can go to the Genius Bar and get an exchange for another iPod Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.