Returning iPhone 5 questions !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Webb, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Webb macrumors regular

Webb

Yeah I will be returning my iPhone 5 for a Samsung Note 2 when released,so I have a few questions about retuning it.

I received on the 21th,do Apple needs to get the phone within 30 days or the return request must be within 30 days ?

Also while installing a cheapo eBay Chinese case,looks like a little scuff right next to the power button,not very noticeable,would this be a problem ?

Thanks

Yeah why I'm returning it ? Well I had a flip phone for over 10 years,so I decided to upgrade,but Apple won't let you customize,the lock screens,fonts,the way we arrange the icons,text message looks etc...Basically the iPhone is not a phone for creative people,of course you can Jailbreak etc... Still not as much as the Android offers stock.

The other day I was wondering if I could change the battery icon color,guess what can't be done unless JB,also the lock screen clock can't be touched,just some little things that makes no sense of Apple denying access or a way to customize it.

Thanks in advance.

2. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Where did you buy it from? Apple gives 14 days and carriers do 30. I guess you don't research anything before you buy it. None of those thins are surprising to anyone who has seen an iPhone. But then again you may be too creative for such reasoning.

3. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

Thanks

I bought it from Apple.com,but says here:

"There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased from the U.S. Apple Online Store:

You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. For an Apple iPhone, you have 30 calendar days. "

Not sure if they need to receive the request within 30 days or the phone needs to be in their possession in 30 days.

4. basketball762 macrumors regular

According to an Apple Rep that I talk to your phone needs to be returned and in Apples possession before the 30 days is up since you got the phone

5. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

Okay so it's within 30 days after delivery...Sounds about right.

Thanks

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

That is incorrect, Apple gives 30 days return policy.

OP: returns must be made within 30 days of purchase. You can still make a return on the 30th day.

7. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I had 14 days to return my iPad and didn't know it was 30 for the iPhone.

8. OSMac macrumors 65816

In Canada its 14 days and less than 30 minutes airtime if a contact was signed.

They may look for scratches, water damage, etc.

Good luck with the Note 2 it's a very different device from the iPhone.

9. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

So if the phone is scratched Apple won't take it back ? :confused:

10. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

I doubt it if you scratched it............

11. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Yup. 30 days for the iphone and 14 days for the iPad. Some carriers have a 14 return policy and some have longer. If off shore, I believe theirs is longer.

12. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

I will have to return in 14 days to get my upgrade back.

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

You might want to have Apple hold it for you for when you come to repurchase it. :D

14. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I hope you have really big pockets and don't mind looking like you're holding a tablet up to your ear.

15. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Just out of curiosity, have you never looked into the phone? You're a member since 2007 so I would assume you're interested in Apple stuff. The lack of customization of iOS has been well documented in countless threads over the years.

16. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

I have a MacBook and classic iPod and for a short time a iPhone 3s wasn't connected to any service,so I wasn't interested at all.

My wife have the Galaxy 3 and I was just comparing both devices and the iPhone is just boring comparing to the S3.

Even the simplest things you can't do it,as I mention before ( Changing the battery icon color ) Not a big deal but come on...

That's why mine will go back and wait a couple more weeks for the Note II.

The iPhone 5 does everything great,but I guess isn't for me.

17. thekjs88 macrumors member

If I ordered it through Verizon, I have 14 days. If I decide to return it at an Apple store, do I have 30 or 14? They have said that I can return it there.

18. AFDoc macrumors 68030

So basically this thread was to trash the i5 because there is no possible way you actually needed advice on how to return an item. Is there?

19. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

I didn't really think he trashed the iPhone. He just said it wasn't right for him and gave the reasons he was returning.

20. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

With many returning iphone 5's with Dings and Scratches new out of the box, I think you can get away with returning it with that blemish.

21. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

But can you return an iPhone ordered on Apple.com to a retail store and exchange it for a different color?

22. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Anybody else have a brain aneurysm trying to say the word "twenty-firstth"?:eek:

23. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

No, but I cut my tongue on my upper teeth. :D

24. Webb thread starter macrumors regular

Webb

You have 14 days to return in order to roll back your upgrade,do it on the 13th day.

I just came back to the Apple store,mine had a ding near the power button.Passed with flying colors...:D

Now waiting for the massive NOTE II.:p