Returning iPhone Online Purchase to Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by henryonapple, Sep 30, 2013.

1. henryonapple macrumors 6502

Has anyone returned their iPhone that was purchased on the Apple Online store to a physical retail location? I just noticed this line in their return policy:

Note: An iPhone purchased on the Apple Online Store is ineligible for return to an Apple Retail Store.

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Heard from one owner that he shipped it back after buying it through apple.com, but the apple phone rep suggested going to an Apple store instead regardless of what is stated on the website. I would call the closest apple store to verify. iPhone was shipped anyway because of the distance.

3. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

That was probably me....

Yes -- I JUST did this on Saturday. Launch day ordered phone was "exchanged" for a different color/capacity at a physical store.

("exchanged" in this sense means returned and a new one was re-purchased).

You will want to go there and get in line for a new one (the one you want). They will process the return from online and process the purchase separately.

5. pat.micunnis macrumors regular

Yes, you can absolutely return an online order to a bricks and mortar Apple store. Note: they will make you stand in the separate line for "walk-in" to purchase / exchange for a different model :(

6. henryonapple thread starter macrumors 6502

I am not purchasing another model, just doing a simple return. Great to know that they will accept my online purchase!