Returning my Sprint Iphone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Firocity, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Firocity macrumors member

I have been a Sprint customer since I was in high school about 15 years ago. Over the past couple of years, I have dealt with their promises of network improvements, waited patiently for them to get the iphone after ATT and Verizon. I've also noticed that my service just flat out sucks, my 4s would constantly switch to the the 1rxtt data while in central Austin. When I try to use GPS in my car especially in other cities, it is unreliable. My friends who are on Verizon and ATT brag about their speeds and can pull up information that I am normally struggling to access. When I call customer support they always tell me a tower is being worked on and offer me a $25 credit. I don't care about the money, I just want my phone to work consistently!

I am sad to turn my 5s back over to the Apple store. I just need to wait a couple of weeks for my contract end date on all of my lines and then I can make the jump to ATT or Verizon. Hopefully I pick the best one. I figured I would share this with you all who are in my boat, either hoping that upgrading to the 5s for LTE would fix your problems or holding out hope that Sprint gets it network up to speed. I am tired of waiting... I am out!

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

3. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I feel your pain. I'm a Sprint customer too and have been for 9 years. I will say that LTE has kicked in where I live and it Los actually pretty fast. I average about 20 down and 10 or 11 up.

However there's something to do with Sprint in Texas that they are having trouble getting LTE upgraded.

Eyoungren can help more. . He'll post soon lol

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

Lol funny

6. Firocity thread starter macrumors member

It definitely is. I was just posting this to give those a heads up that were on the fence.

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

The one carrier that I would never use a smartphone on.

8. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Sorry! Had to put our newspaper to bed and make my way home from work . :)

Texas is constraining Sprint's spectrum because ordinarily they'd shift people over to other frequencies that they control. But in Texas, someone else is using those frequencies already.

Rollout should be complete by mid-2014. But some people are tired of waiting, like you. I was almost ready to jump ship but Phoenix got LTE in August.

I don't know what else I can contribute except to say that they are expanding as fast as they can. The major problem right now is that backhaul vendors (such as your local telephone and cable provider) are being very slow to deliver fiber optic cable to Sprint. A lof of work has been done but you can't hook it up if the vendor has not delivered the backhaul.

I've been with Sprint since 1999, but it's only this past year that I've had to wait while having an LTE device. Finally, it's in Phoenix and the speeds are getting better. For the first time it's in my home now. But the wait was awful.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

You haven't had T-Mobile then.

10. Fission macrumors regular

Sprint is a lot cheaper with its unlimited data. Once they do get LTE out, and iOS 7 gets jailbroken (pdanet for tethering ) life will
    be nice!

11. Lammercy macrumors regular

Lammercy

+1

12. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I told you he's like a Sprint Genious lol. I know I've been with them since 04 and have came close to switching, but with LTE finally here I provably won't.

13. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

Same here... about to be my last contract with Sprint but LTE just went live in my neighborhood too... so I'm good to go

14. Firocity thread starter macrumors member

I am on the fence. I am still in my return period. I've also traveled to San Fran, Richmond, VA, and Washington DC in the past month and experienced very bad service. I really want them to get better, in fact I called customer care tonight to have them reverse the upgrade on one of my other lines since I cancelled a pending 5s order online. The lady was super friendly and she even said she understands and that they want their customers to be happy with their wireless coverage even if they choose to look elsewhere. She said as a consumer I am doing what is important and seeking out the best service. She even provided me with all the information I needed to port my number and avoid ETF. Fantastic customer service experience, I only wish the coverage and data reliability accompanied it.