iPhone XR Returning my XR for a XS because of the screen..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yogosans14, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Yogosans14 macrumors regular

Honestly after having this phone for 24 hours I can say my 8+ display looked sharper and it REALLY bothers me. T mobile told me it’ll be 50$ to return my XR and it’d be 120$ for a down payment for the XS which isn’t bad at all.

I’d recommend everyone go for the XS text is really blurry on the XR

2. gurase macrumors 6502

The blurry text is in apps that haven’t been updated for the XR’s resolution. Unless you think the text in settings, imessage, etc. is blurry...

3. Yogosans14 thread starter macrumors regular

No I can just tell things overall aren’t as sharp...I was playing clash Royale and I could see the difference

4. Aneres11 macrumors 68020

Aneres11

Gosh. Thank god for you.
    I’ll return my XR right away and buy an XS.
    Who cares about that extra £300 difference? I sure don’t.

Also, I have just sold my XS Max and whilst blacks looked better and colours popped slightly more on the OLED, there was nothing blurry in the slightest on the XR. To my eyes.

But hey, we should all get an XS instead.

5. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

OP - just make sure you can live with the ‘side effects’ of OLED. Some cannot.

6. Yogosans14 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I’ve never had eye strain issues with OLED before

7. zx128k macrumors regular

zx128k

XR apparently has a higher ppi than the XS due to the way pixels are laid out on LCD compared to OLED.

8. stafil macrumors 6502

OP, just go to 8+. X, XS, XR all have inferior quality screens IMHO.

9. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

The XS is a great phone. I’m curious though, why you did not get the X last year instead of the 8+?

10. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Hope it works well for you, OP. Personally, I spent a good deal of time comparing my XR to a Max and was hard pressed to any difference in sharpness of text, putting both phones on the same display settings as nearly as I could get them. Whatever my XR is, it's not blurry. To be fair, I wear prescription glasses and have 63-year-old eyes, so maybe that has to be taken into consideration, but the 22-year-old woman over electronics in the store couldn't tell much difference, either. At least it saves me a chunk of change.

But you see a big difference and your needs are different, so you are making the choice you can live with. Hope it works out for you.

11. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I got an XR today and noticed side by side with the 8+ that the 8+ is brighter at the same screen setting. The sound quality on the XR seemed a little lacking, but I'll give it more time to test it out.