Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

czar44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Looking for some guidance. On 9/14 I ordered an Att 32gb via Apple with the 2 week shipping window, scheduled for a 10/5 delivery. My phone has now shipped from China with a delivery of 10/2. For several reasons, I have decided to drop att and switch to VZW and plan to purchase in store when it's available.

I was not under contract with Att before I ordered the phone but now am showing a contract commitment from 9/14/12 through 9/14/14.

1. When the phone arrives, can I easily return it to Apple?

2. Will that reset my contract commitment (i.e., I'll no longer be under contract with ATT)?

Thanks

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'm not sure about being able to return it to Apple, but it couldn't hurt to call and ask.

But I know that your contract will be reversed to the status you had.

kiantech

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
Funny. I'm doing this exact Same thing. Return it to the apple store before the 30 days and you can get out of your contract.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Looking for some guidance. On 9/14 I ordered an Att 32gb via Apple with the 2 week shipping window, scheduled for a 10/5 delivery. My phone has now shipped from China with a delivery of 10/2. For several reasons, I have decided to drop att and switch to VZW and plan to purchase in store when it's available.

I was not under contract with Att before I ordered the phone but now am showing a contract commitment from 9/14/12 through 9/14/14.

1. When the phone arrives, can I easily return it to Apple?

2. Will that reset my contract commitment (i.e., I'll no longer be under contract with ATT)?

Thanks

I ordered via apple as well. I called apple and had them call my closest apple store just to make sure I could return it. They said it was fine so I took it in and had no pro lens returning it. My contract went back to normal as well with AT&T so I think you will be fine. I would call apple to ask about returns to your particular apple store though.

czar44

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I ordered via apple as well. I called apple and had them call my closest apple store just to make sure I could return it. They said it was fine so I took it in and had no pro lens returning it. My contract went back to normal as well with AT&T so I think you will be fine. I would call apple to ask about returns to your particular apple store though.
Thanks for all the great advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.