Returning Qustion On iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rnbgrilla, Oct 21, 2012.

1. rnbgrilla macrumors member

So I just Bought The black iPhone 5 32GB On A Sunday a week ago, only because that's all they have. & the apple worker said fedx dont deliver on sundays, so it was get it or get noting. What I really wanted was a 64GB White iPhone 5,

So The Qustion I have is, Can I return it & will they give me a hard time, or will it be easy, ..... Only asking people who have done this, and what was there experience.

Sorry I probably don't make sense, but you'll understand :p

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have 30 days no questions asked.
    But will you be able to find a 64 that easy?

3. as0016 macrumors regular

The return part is pretty easy. When I returned mine, they checked it to make sure the serial number matched the one on the box (to make sure it wasn't a genius bar replacement or anything) and once they checked that they just took it back and issued the refund. The repurchase is the problem - both because of stock and I'm not sure that all stores are taking walk ins. The one I went to was using all stock for reservations - so you may not be able to get the new phone you want just yet...you could reserve one though and then deal with it that way.

4. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

Well I was hoping to be there first thing in the morning, to get the reservation ones?.. I mean we'll I was walk-in when I got this phone, first in line last Sunday. So I'll try & see but if they don't have it. I won't return it just yet.

Thanks for the help thoe

----------

Okay cool, let's just say they don't have the white yet at my local apple store, I'll just return & by another black iPhone 5 if they have, they get another 30, & try again & again right?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, as long as you're willing to wait or try to stay in line and hope your local store gets one. Shouldnt be a prob.

6. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Proces your order through AT&T, they seem to have the 64GB i5 in stock and shipping them quickly.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1472441 I personally can confirm this. Order on Oct 20th, shipped on the 21st and arriving tomorrow :)

7. erure macrumors regular

I had a Verizon white 16gb iPhone 5 and I wanted to exchange for the same model 64gb. They didn't have any in stock and it was my last day for return/exchange so they told me I should return it and try to reserve one. I returned it yesterday morning and so far have had no luck finding one despite my best efforts. Plus the return was a pain in the butt and almost didn't go through. For some reason the retail apple store's return policy is now 14 days for iPhones while the online apple store's return policy is 30 days for iPhones, so the system wouldn't allow the return. But it worked when a manager signed in and then did an override. Crazy. The first store I went to just told me it couldn't be done and told me to call the online apple store. I tried another store and they were able to figure it out and processed my return thankfully.

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I think they should give people a real hard time that do this.

If you want a 64 white, you should have waited and bought what you wanted. It is irresonsible to buy something you then return. Meanwhile, somebody that wanted that phone is still waiting. And, Apple now has to refurb the old phone.

9. rnbgrilla thread starter macrumors member

True, but I need a phone since I sold mine that same day, so it was get it or have noting, plus I got to test run it, for a week. I paid $900 of my hard earning money, I can do as I please, if I want to return I have a right to. & to your point about others could have had that phone I took home, well they should of be first in line next time!!!! I did my time waiting like everyone els.