Reverse Discrimination

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

At Comic Con this year, people identifying as white, male, and heterosexual were banned from all the industry and professional mixers.

I just find it humorous that an organization that is fighting against discrimination and fighting for inclusion is doing this :). It may make them feel good but it's not advancing their cause.

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

If this is accurate reporting, not only am I against this policy, but I wonder if they have lost their minds?

3. 0007776 Suspended

I hope this isn’t true (the linked site seemed to be quite biased), but if it is the organizers of this event are idiots.

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This one appears to be reaching. It refers to congregations organized by historically marginalized groups, yet it doesn't mention or imply that others are in fact unwelcome. Groups like this tend to form when they don't feel accepted among the status quo, but I don't know that they're all (or predominantly) hostile toward anyone who doesn't resemble their organizers.

5. statik13 macrumors regular

statik13

Not sure what kind of filter she applied to get those results. 15 events listed, I see one LBQT in the bunch.

https://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com/Community/Calendar/

6. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Yeah...I dunno about this. It seems that he’s griping about the fact that there isn’t a specific mixer for straight white males...at Comic Con...which is overrun with straight white males.

Saying that he’s “banned” is a pretty strong word too. I’m sure nobody will toss him out if he shows up for the Genderqueer or LGBTQIA events.