Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Review: Beats Flex Offer a Great Entry Point to Apple's Wireless Earphone Ecosystem for Just $50

fourthtunz

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
Think about it... Apple knows most people have a Lightning - USB-A cable. For those that have already moved to USB-C, such as myself, Apple includes a Lightning - USB-C cable. Easy.

Life goes on.
Yeah I have a mac mini so it wouldn't matter to me but imagine getting an iPhone and having no way to charge it.
I think its a cheap and cheesy move on Apples part. If you're a stockholder its great if not it does nothing
to enhance Apples image. All for an extra $5 in apples pocket.
But then there's the people who will buy Apples charger and and wireless headphones
after paying $1399 for the iPhone. again cheap and cheesy on Apples part if you ask me.
JMHO

Comment

jackietreeh0rn

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2018
Man, I badly regret ordering these. Got them delivered yesterday and have to say, they've been a massive disappointment. They sounded so bad that I didn't bother troubleshooting after they didn't connect to my macbook pro. Going to return them. I'd reckon Apple's wired earpods probably sound lot better to me. Didn't ever imagine the audio would be so bad.

• Wow
Reactions: Jxdawg
Comment

nelson1457

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
Jackie, yes, you're right, not the greatest audio. I think they are just a little bit improvement from the wired earbuds that came with my iPhone 11. But then again, I don't expect great audio for $50, so . . .

The 'can't connect to Mac' is a known problem, there's another thread that speaks to that.

My situation with sound is a little different from most. I have some hearing loss and usually need subtitles to listen to television. I have a HomePod, and although it's much better, I still need the subtitles because of frequent garbling when there is background noise in the soundtrack, such as a loud music score. So I bought these because they connect to the AppleTV and I find my hearing significantly improved. I don't use subtitles anymore, although there is a bit of garbling during high background noise. For $50, it's a great solution for me. Probably AirPods would be much better, but I don't want to spend that much money, and I worry about losing one, so the wired between buds is just right for me.

What did frustrate me is that you really have to search to tell the left side from the right side. So I cut out a small white sticker and wrapped it around the battery enclosure. Easy to tell now.

Reactions: subjonas
Comment

subjonas

macrumors 68030
Feb 10, 2014
What did frustrate me is that you really have to search to tell the left side from the right side. So I cut out a small white sticker and wrapped it around the battery enclosure. Easy to tell now.
Ooh good idea

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.