[Review] Doc Artisan Artisan Wallet Case for iPhone 6/6s - Leather, on leather, on leather...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tsevince, Oct 6, 2015.

1. tsevince, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

tsevince macrumors regular

tsevince

A built-in magnet keeps the Artisan Case connected to the wallet in the Doc Artisan Wallet Case for the iPhone 6. The real winner is the thick leather used in the case and wallet portion - you will start to develop your own design on the leather as you take it with you through your journeys.

The wallet portion doesn't have a camera cutout unfortunately, so you will have to detach the case to capture the moment, which may mean missing it.

Doc Artisan: http://bit.ly/1LR5LJF

Check out the full gallery of photos on our Facebook Page:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

It is a wonderful case. I have reviewed a number of Doc Artisan's products and have always been very impressed. One note--if you like the Doc Artisan cases and you don't want to have to detach the phone case from the wallet to take pictures, you might consider the Sport Wallet instead--it has a cutout for the camera in the wallet section.

Kristin

3. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I got the sport wallet and I love it. Although, my back case for the phone had a big scratch on it so I'm hoping I can get a replacement back cover. Besides that it's my favorite case ever!

4. frag2 macrumors member

Is this case heavier than the apple leather case? I figure its got a magnet inside, might make it heavy. I'm thinking of getting either this or the Saddle brown one from Apple but not sure which is better

5. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Yes it's heavier. It's extremely nice though and high quality leather. I love how it attaches to the wallet part.

6. tsevince thread starter macrumors regular

tsevince

It's probably heavier (I don't have the Apple on hand) but it's definitely much much much better leather. The Apple leather case is almost a plasticky feel, whereas this uses genuine leather, you can see the marks on the leather grow over time on mine as well (pictures posted soon), and the wallet portion is a definite plus.

7. tsevince thread starter macrumors regular

tsevince

8. frag2 macrumors member

Yea. From what I've seen of the 6s Leather case, it looks more like the cheap PU stuff you find on aliexpress. Do you know if Edge to Edge glass protectors work with the Wallet case?

9. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Imos Solid EX 3D works with it, as does Cinder.

Kristin

10. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

The Doc Artisan sport wallet case is my favorite case I've ever had. And I've had pretty much every brand out there.

I have owned:
    Otterbox
    Lifeproof
    Rokform
    Spigen
    Incipio
    Gumdrop
    Verus
    Tech21
    Ringke
    Thule
    Pelican
    UAG
    Magpul
    Obliq
    Apple
    Lemonfuel
    Mophie
    Obliq

And more
    Thing is amazing!

11. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

You should let the folks at Doc Artisan know--I'm sure they'd be thrilled to hear it:)

12. Mr D macrumors 6502

Pics of front and back?

13. kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

14. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

When I get some time this weekend I will. I'm at work right now.

15. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I suspect it is because they are getting enough orders through their own website and they don't feel like paying Amazon a cut...

16. dk206 macrumors regular

17. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I am going to get one of these Doc Artisan cases, just cant decide between this and the sport wallet case.

18. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

There's also a new version of the sport wallet case on pre-order, which has a magnetic clasp...

19. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Have you had chance to review the new one yet, I think I like the look of the old one more.

20. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I'll be reviewing it, but I think it will be a few weeks before I'll get my review sample...

21. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Between the Wallet Case and the Sport Wallet Case, does the Sport version add much more bulk, it looks quite a bit thicker in the pics

22. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

It may be very slightly thicker, but not much. The added stand function and camera capability are nice trade offs, though. The new version with the magnet clasp does look thicker in the pics I've seen, however.

23. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info, I think I will get the sport version.

24. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I just assume that people with these types of cases don't mount their phones when they drive?

25. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

They mount fine on a magnetic mount...